Siemens Mobility - Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is dedicated to Interurban and Urban Intelligent Traffic Systems. With its coordinated solutions the ITS Business Unit provides greater safety and fewer traffic jams. Furthermore, ITS supplies all elements required for the effective control of urban traffic from a single source, to cities and conurbations all over the world. ITS offers solutions to generate new revenue and savings potential for cities and communities by means of flexible road usage fees and operator models for traffic management and services. Over 3,300 global ITS employees including 800 R&D engineers are working in around 30 countries. They serve more than 4,500 customers. This set up makes us to a global leader for Road Traffic & Tolling systems with the highest market share in the industry. Concepts that make transport more efficient are in demand with the ever-increasing need for mobility. With our long-standing transport expertise and our technology know-how, we are constantly developing new, intelligent traffic solutions that increase availability of infrastructure, optimize throughput, and improve driver and passenger experience. With our references worldwide, we’re setting the benchmark for tomorrow’s traffic solution.
What are my job responsibilities?
Governs the implementation of superior accounting standards and policies and derives Accounting procedures for the assigned legal entities in different countries.
- Implements Accounting policies, guidelines and standards, and adapts related procedures and processes.
- Ensures that all Accounting operations are compliant with IFRS, Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines and local law.
- Prepares financial statements for all assigned legal entities, including Statutory Financial Statements for Singapore
- Ensures regular closings, and provides financial reporting for all stakeholders.
- Oversees the transactional services provided by GBS organization
- Identifies process improvement potentials in accounting processes, and proposes remedial measures or projects.
- Serves as contact to "Finance&Controlling" to clarify business cases, as far as accounting is concerned.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- An above average Degree in Accountancy
- Professional qualification eg. ACCA, CA, CPA
- Chartered Accountant (Singapore)
- Knowledge and experience in accounting for construction contracts, Forex accounting, provisions and accruals, etc. under IFRS
- At least 5 years of Big 4 experience or handled multinational corporation clients or direct multinational corporation experience
- Experienced in establishing new accounting processes will be an added advantage
- Familiar with Singapore Financial Reporting Standards
- Able to work independently, self motivated, possess analytical skills and ability to adapt to change.
- Someone who thrives in an international environment and possess excellent communication and English skills both orally and in writing, Chinese language skill is a plus. This is to ensure better communication with clients in the region.
- Microsoft office applications advanced knowledge
- SAP knowledge is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex Pte. Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time