Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Accompaniment, Advice, Action
Siemens power transformer network comprises of state-of-the-art facilities producing world-class large power transformers and shunt reactors in several global sites. Our engineering professionals help build design and developments for further getting converted to into real products. Our design engineers build engineering information for global sites while using accurate engineering principles and application of transformer design rules. Are you interested in crafting designs, developing practical solutions and deliver excellent quality with focus on timely delivery as an active designer in a collaborative environment? Join our team and expand your own horizon.
We make real what matters. This is your role
Work at Transformer Competence Centre at Siemens Transformers, Mumbai, India to support global customers for digital twins of power transformer and also collaborate within Siemens Power Transformer factories on Sensformer (digitally connected transformers providing real-time data) topics.
• Support customers globally in calibration of digital twin models
• Regularly ensure correctness of output of digital twin models with virtual and real sensors
• Support global Siemens Power Transformer factories with Sensformer Advanced Knowledge during processes before factory acceptance tests.
• Screen/resolve/organize queries at their level before routing to experts in Head Quarters
• Get trained and continuously update knowledge on Digital Twin models from HQ experts
• Gain knowledge on overall cloud applications from global digital team
• Effectively collaborate internally within Siemens global transformer sites and communicate externally with customers
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• Master’s Degree or PhD in Mechanical engineering preferred, other engineering degrees will be considered with applicable experience.
• >12 years working experience as a design engineer / R&D / technology and product development
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
• Experience in designing Thermohydraulic models, thermal design of electrical machinery, fundamental and simulation knowledge of Thermal and Fluids Engineering, CFD and Heat Transfer
• More than 5 years in power transformer industry closely working with mechanical design
• Structural approach towards problem-solving with self-learning capability
• Experience of working in international teams
• Proficiency in mathematical calculation tools like MathCAD and office tools like MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS SharePoint etc.
PREFERRED SKILLS - added advantage:
• Skilled in programming C++
• Skilled in design software for electrical machinery
• Knowledge of German language
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens?
This role is based in Kalwa, Navi Mumbai but you’ll also get to visit other locations in different countries, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time