Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Today, we are recruiting for the System Integration Manager position for Siemens Mobility Egypt to Join our Project Team in Cairo office. This is an excellent career opportunity for Professionals from Rail /Transportation Business looking to join a truly international team.
The System Integration Manager is overall responsible for the preparation, coordination, and conclusion of the overall System Engineering, System Integration, and activities according to the contract and relevant rules and guidelines. The System Integration Manager provides with his / her team the overall system engineering in close collaboration with all involved subsystems within the required time and in budget with the vital quality. He / she also performs an administrative role facilitating and coordinating the civil engineering works with the rail systems works.
He / she is responsible for implementing the system engineering aspects of the project requirements and the implementation of specific system engineering and plans and procedures. The overall objective is that all systems parameters and civil work's coordination are met, and the system is overall functional as per the technical specification and internationally applied engineering rules.
The System Integration Manager reports directly to the Project Director.
Your Role – International, Challenging and Future-Oriented!
- Overall responsibility to guarantee the contractually requested operational readiness including full functionality and safety case.
- Leading the system solution and integration process according to the contract and company standards and within the defined requirements (e.g., time, quality, cost)
- Leading interfaces between customers, partners and sub suppliers or subsystems and guides members of all involved engineering teams
- Evaluation of subsystem technologies and contractual compliances of technical requirements
- To review engineering designs and coordinates lines of action
- Interpretation of requirements from, cooperates with and reports to clients and partners
- Assumes leading role in technical liaison meetings with customers, suppliers, and Siemens internal groups
- Regular presentation of work results in Siemens internal and external meetings
- Coordinates planning and testing of on-site activities such as commissioning and operation
- Technical support of the manufacturing and commissioning engineers regarding analysis of technical solutions and answering of technical inquiries
- Develops and implements overall System Engineering Plans and procedures
- Owns the Civil works Engineering coordination and administration team ensuring civil and rail systems works are coordinated and integrated
Your Qualifications and Skills – Digital and Solid!
- Degree in electrical engineering, system engineer with railwayspecific specialization
- Extensive professional experience (min. 10 years desired) experience and evaluation expertise in railway transportation systems
- Experience in Highspeed systems is desirable
- Several years of work experience as team member in international projects (at least two international railway project executions)
- Profound experience in technical engineering and interface management as well as professional experience in requirements management including verification and validation, RAM, Safety, operational aspects (specifically Highspeed) EMC, earthing and bonding, test & commissioning etc.
- Technical knowledge on all major subsystems of a railway turnkey project, e.g., Signaling, Railway Communication, Electrification, Power Supply, Rolling Stock, SCADA, AFC, Track Work etc.
- Technical knowledge of civil engineering construction and requirements pertaining to rail systems work
- Experience in reading and understanding of contractual technical requirements
- Knowledge of project management principles for project realization and execution
- Knowledge of engineering processes and standards associated with this, e.g., EN 50126, EN50128, EN50129, international contract and claim management
- Fluent English essential, both written and spoken, Arabic language skills an advantage
- Independent and structured approach to work
- Team leadership and mediation skills between teams
- Excellent communication abilities combined with strong interpersonal skills
- High level of customer and quality orientation
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Egypt LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time