Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is in search of a self-driven individual to complement our growing Account Management team. We are seeking a qualified candidate for a permanent position to develop new business with existing clients and seek new sales opportunities. The ideal candidate will be a team-oriented individual who can create long-term, trusting relationships with our customers.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with customers while serving as the primary point of coordination for Siemens organizations pursuing entry into Government accounts.
- Ensure a coherent, integrated Siemens message to customers while promoting the full breadth and depth of Siemens’ services and solutions that can support the customer’s mission.
- Host senior customer visits and arrange visits for Siemens leadership to customer sites.
- Working with project execution, facilitate the resolution of any conflicting internal or customer-based issues and attend customer quarterly program reviews.
- Identify, qualify, and support the capture and closure of business opportunities and work with designated capture or proposal teams to shape such opportunities.
- Architect solutions with partners and internal stakeholders to meet customer needs and support the preparation of associated opportunity gate reviews.
- Support overall proposal development efforts to include preparing draft Statements of Work, reviewing/editing proposal responses, participation on “color” and review teams, and providing support across functional lines.
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts) and prepare reports on account status and measure key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Develop and track a strategic Call Plan which includes regular, periodic meetings with strategically relevant customer contacts.
- Communicate customer account information horizontally across Siemens to aid in their business development and program execution.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technology or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Government issued security clearance.
- Experience providing customer solutions through U.S. Government ID/IQ or Multiple Award Type Contract vehicles.
- Excellent written and verbal communications with the ability to present complex issues to multi-level audiences of company and government executives.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate progress, status and issues to internal and external customers.
- Experience developing project financials and bid packages
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, or relevant role.
- Knowledge of U.S. commercial and Government standards, regulations and codes will be beneficial (e.g., DoD Unified Facility Criteria, OSHA, NFPA, ASHRAE, NIST, DoDi, RMF, NERC CIP Cyber security, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to travel, both domestic and international, at a minimum of 30% annually.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 8 – 10 years of experience in a corporate or government setting.
- Experience with US Federal Government projects, contracts, policies and procedures.
- Experience in marketing, pricing and managing energy, building control, fire alarm, electronic security, and electrical services projects through U.S. Government ID/IQ or Multiple Award Type Contract vehicles.
- Current possession of a U.S. Government issued security clearance.
- Proficient in MS Office suite applications, SalesForce, and web or cloud based software applications such as SharePoint.
- Candidates with ability to work from remote location within the United States will be considered
- Candidate must be a United States Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.