Siemens PTI is seeking a Transmission Planning Engineering Consultant to perform large-scale simulations of electrical transmission systems for clients such as power producers, independent system operators, and transmission providers to develop solutions for safe and reliable power system operations. Electric Distribution experience and/or Production Costing experience is a plus.Responsibilities:
Job responsibilities will include the application of power systems planning principles, simulation and analysis of power system steady state, dynamic and transient behaviors, development of mathematical models for reliability assessment of electrical networks, and delivery of on-site technical consulting/training services.
- Works on small to medium sized, single projects, in a single computer environment where design is semi-complex.
- Analyzes customer's business requirements and application objectives, and develops an application design in products to meet customer's needs.
- Conducts periodic status checks with customer and team to assess progress against plan.
- Estimates time frames, quality and quantity of resources required to successfully execute semi-complex project; supports development of project plan incorporating all project variables.
- Prepares weekly status reports on all project activities.
- Produces draft reports and presentations with study results for the review of supervisors.
- May participate in pre-sales support as needed.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Power Systems Engineering with practical experience in using advanced power system analysis tools. We will consider candidates with 5+ years of significant experience including engineering internships. Candidate should have knowledge of transmission system planning or operations with experience analyzing power flow, transient stability, and electromagnetic transients. Programming skills are preferred. Experience in distribution planning and/or production costing will be considered a plus.
- Demonstrates a good grasp of knowledge and principles in field of Power Systems with emphasis in power system steady state, dynamic, and electromagnetic transient (EMT) and applies them through successful completion of assignments
- Knowledge and/or experience in protection and control is also considered.
- Successfully applies knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
- Knowledge of PSS®E, PSLF, PSCAD, TARA, and/or Python is a plus.
- Can discuss findings clearly via reports and presentations.
- Successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above is required.
- Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience.
* This is a remote, work form home position. It does not have to be located in the city listed on the posting.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.#LI-BJ1
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.