Senior Software Engineer (Ruby Developer)
Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019 with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand!
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our Smart Grids and Infrastructure (SGI) team based in Bangalore and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories!
This is your role. What part will you play?
- As a Senior Software Engineer (Ruby developer), you will works as an independent contributor and actively participates in the design process with the leads and architects. Requires good knowledge in core Ruby and related technologies. Takes full ownership of assigned EnergyIP® components.
- You are passionate about automation. You had been using scripting languages shell, ruby etc to automate most of your tasks. Repeating yourself even once seems like a bad idea to you. You are not afraid to lose your servers as you know you can create and destroy them at will.
- You love Linux and have a hacker mindset.
- Write Unit test cases for the components developed
- Integration testing of the components developed with other EnergyIP® product components, if required.
- Bug fixes / Maintenance of the components developed as well as any other components of EnergyIP® assigned.
- Design Documentation and Customer Facing Documentation
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
Use your skills to move the world forward!
- We need a B.E/B. Tech graduate with 5 to 7 years of experience in deploying and managing CI/CD pipelines using Terraform, Ansible etc
- Strong knowledge of Ruby language
- Experience with managing infrastructure in AWS
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux based operating system
- You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while continuously evaluating emerging technologies
- Adapt to prioritizing multiple issues in a high pressure environment.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Noida. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time