Siemens EDA is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
We are seeking highly motivated, responsible and self-starting Technical Writer to join our team in Cairo, Egypt.
If you are a writer with a highly technical background, an engineer looking for a career change, or a new college graduate with a technical degree and strong writing and interpersonal skills, please send your resume and a cover letter.Main Responsibilities
- Participate in every phase of documentation design and production, from gathering user feedback, to researching use cases and scenarios, to producing final copy.
- Learn the latest cutting-edge technology in embedded software.
- Work closely with experienced and innovative software engineers.
- Be part of a talented technical writing team supporting an important product line in the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or any related technical field.
- Familiarity with Embedded Systems technology.
- Demonstrated interest in technical writing.
- A writing portfolio that exhibits clear and accurate technical information.
- Demonstrated ability to come up to speed quickly on a new project and balance multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to interview, research, and write clearly.
- Working knowledge of task analysis, information typing, and topic-based structured authoring.
- Ability to actively participate in cross-functional team meetings.
- Experience with FrameMaker and DITA is preferred.
- Experience with programming is a plus.
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme and generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time