Siemens Government Technologies is seeking an individual with strong documented writing experience to help with our employee communications initiatives on a part-time basis. The ideal candidate has held jobs in the past that may have been defined as employee or internal communications, executive communications, marketing, or social media related. A successful contributor to our team will be detail-oriented and trustworthy above all else, and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously under frequent deadlines with exceptional writing, editing and digital communications skills. Our Remote Part-Time Communications Coordinator will report to the Director of Communications and support the execution and distribution of impactful messaging across multiple channels including email, websites, and internal briefs. Limited experience in organizing events, including webcasts, all-employee meetings, and basic video editing skills are all highly desirable qualifications.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop story ideas and engage subject matter experts across the organization for interviews to write meaningful employee news stories.
- Create basic graphics using Microsoft Office tools for visually appealing communication products.
- Plan the editorial calendar and content approach for the biweekly company employee newsletter.
- Work closely with the Human Resources team on key employee initiatives and integrate content across employee communication channels.
- Assist in the preparation for executive-led employee communication activities, including all hands and direct email communications.
- Provide limited support with message development and coordination for externally facing communication activities including the company website and social media channels.
- Work scope is targeted for approximately 15 hours per week.
- Three or more years’ experience in a communications role.
- Experience working in a remote, matrixed environment.
- A degree in communications, public relations or journalism strongly preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs.
- Creativity in problem solving and alternative solutions.
- Proven ability to present information in both one-on-one and large group settings.
- Strong communication skills.
- Required to log time worked daily.
- Ability to meet deadlines and schedules.
Candidate must be a United States Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Part-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.