Provide subject matter expertise as the Data Center CoC SME in support of sales growth of the data center market across the Northeast and Atlantic Zones to help drive growth across the data center Corporate \ Enterprise segment in each focused branch office while supporting the same for the Colo and Hyperscale segments and the Enterprise zone.
Does the future of the fast growing and ever-changing data center market excite you? Do you have data center expertise and are looking to advance your career to the next level?
The Data Center National Business Development Manager can be based out of any major U.S. city in the Atlantic or the Northeast Zones near a major airport.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking a driven, dedicated Data Center National Business Development Manager who is prepared to leverage their own knowledge of the North American data center market growth areas to generate new construction and service opportunities for Siemens Smart Infrastructure including products, solutions and services around building automation, fire & life safety, security, electrical power monitoring, electrical and mechanical services. This role supports the Siemens Smart Infrastructure holistic portfolio for data centers including the RSS, EP and DS business units of Siemens as well as Digital Grid and any other SI BU with portfolio that support the data center market.
The ideal candidate will be able to support our branch sales teams and be the subject matter expert across our entire holistic portfolio of solutions and services with-in the data center market. This entails achieving Solutions’, Service and BPS growth targets across their assigned territories with a primary focus on growing our Siemens market share in the Corporate \ Institutional data center market segment while supporting the same for the Colo and Hyperscale segments.
- Provide guidance in the creation and establishment of field sales champions - coordinate and participate with the Zone and Branch management teams in the recruitment, training, development and retention of these key employees.
- Develop and assigned sales with driving order intake for the data center market. This includes helping them to build customer relationships, helping sales exec's drive opportunities to closure, and maintaining an accurate pipeline across their assigned zones.
- Takes the lead role and ownership of the development of the sales strategies, tools and collateral necessary to grow and drive the data center Solutions and Service business.
- Drives Horizontal market growth (Corporate \ Institutional segment) in each focused branch office while supporting the same for the Colo and Hyperscale segments and the Enterprise Zone.
- Helps drive service growth through the identification of existing Siemens customers and identification and penetration of new existing data center customers through leveraging our controls agnostic solutions and services portfolio.
- Serves as the data center SME for all business lines and portfolio offerings in the assigned territories and as directed.
- Drives new construction sales leads through our marketing tools and networking efforts to pursue new Greenfield Projects within their territory and as assigned.
- Helps qualify, estimate and develop sales proposals for our expanded data center specific Smart Data Center portfolio offerings within the zones. IE: Building Automation, Fire, Security, DCIM, Thermal Optimization, Low and Medium Voltage equipment, etc.
- Collaborate with other CoC team members (CAM’s\BDM’s), other NBDM Support groups (RAM, EIS, IIS and DG), Zone and Branch Management teams across all zones when opportunities require support outside of a zone. (IE: Lead sharing, engagement of key decision makers such as Consulting Engineers, GC’s, contractors, etc.).
- Takes the lead with Marketing on the development and execution of trade shows and thought leadership events and presentations to key decision makers within their territory and as assigned.
- Lead the implementation of the Data Center - Center of Competence (CoC) and National SI strategies across all market segments and as assigned.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking by anticipating future trends through looking outward at the customer’s market, competition, and alternatives.
- Effectively manages the buying and selling process by involving a network of key players in each branch to solve customer operational issues to help them achieve their business objectives.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly desired, although a combination of education and directly related work experience will also be considered.
- 5+ years of sales experience in Data Center or Mission Critical environments
- Demonstrated application of advanced knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures in all aspects of Data Center business, including Hyperscale, large Co-Location and Corporate\Enterprise Data Centers at regional and global level.
- Minimum 7 years of success in a directly related field and successful demonstration of scope of the position described above.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with large customer management and with strategic customer management
- Exceptional relationship development skills
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Experience in strategic business planning
- Strong financial business acumen
- Strong background in value-based selling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel 30 to 75% travel of the time.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.