The Proposal Engineer position is responsible to prepare sales proposals and cost estimates for motion control and factory automation systems, services, & installed solutions in process and manufacturing industry applications. Focus areas include industrial process digitalization, MRO services, legacy installed base modernization, repair and replacement for a broad range of Siemens & non-Siemens electrical and electronic equipment.
The main objective of the Proposal Engineer position is to assist our national industrial field sales force to obtain new orders in support of customer production process improvement, expansion, reliability and safety objectives. This is accomplished by developing commercial offers for the complete portfolio of Siemens MC, FA & PI technical services. The position reports to the Manager, Proposals & Regional Projects within the Siemens Industrial Services Delivery Team. The primary measurements for position effectiveness are proposal delivery schedule reliability and won orders.
- Prepares Siemens Industrial Services sales proposals.
- Performs site surveys and discovery engineering to develop basic designs, service workscopes and installation plans.
- Attends customer meetings along with local sales representatives to help promote technical concepts and present proposed solutions.
- Analyzes customer equipment or system configuration to establish all aspects of product and solution integration.
- Performs technical analysis and supports proposal process at any stage as a member of the opportunity acquisition team.
- Reviews and develops technical concepts, system hardware & software topologies, specifications, drawings and task plans.
- Performs hardware engineering & selects components for project Bill of Materials.
- Prepares service workscopes and execution plans. Specifies associated quantity and scope boundary limits.
- Develops project time lines.
- Prepares long term service contract agreement offers including labor task specification, material pricing and labor cost calculation.
- Helps to identify & evaluate regional service subcontractors and material suppliers.
- Prepares comprehensive project cost and price calculations.
- Clean handover of won projects to execution PM.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BSEE, BSME or equivalent with industrial equipment focus.
- Prior experience with electrical power and industrial control system applications engineering, installation design engineering, installation and/or field service.
- Prior experience with project cost estimation & proposal preparation.
- Broad experience in multiple continuous process &/or manufacturing industry segments.
- Total industry experience of at least 10 years.
- Effective in Customer Engineering and Management environments.
- 20% travel to visit jobsites for field data collection & customer meetings.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Project Management.
- Siemens FA and MC product application and component selection.
- Control systems design, software engineering &/or integration experience.
- Field Service experience.
- Product design experience.
- P.E. license or relevant MS degree.
- PMP Certification.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.