Siemens Mobility is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
What are my job responsibilities?
- Responsible for engineering, design activities for electrification projects i.e. design deliverable completion, clarification meetings with client, follow up with external consultants on submissions, vendors.
- Package lead with overall responsibility for the design and execution of electrical packages for traction power systems e.g. MV Switchgear, DC Switchgear, DC Trackside equipment, Power Converters, Power Transformers, Auxiliary systems.
- Support on Traction power simulation studies using industrial Softwares like Sidytrac, SKM, ETAP etc.
- Develop conceptual engineering ,propose and implement Value addition engineering for the projects.
- System Engineering support for the tender / bids.
- Work closely with Siemens AG design teams and engineering on the customer requirement, coordinate design verification and submission to customer.
- Work closely with Project teams, Interfacing, T&C teams including coordinate with various interface partner.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Has acquired strong foundation as an Electrical Engineer in traction power systems with local project experience.
- Minimum 8 years experience in the electrification projects for MRT projects.
- Good experience in AC and DC Electrification systems including Control and Protections.
- Added advantage for experience on Overhead catenary systems (OCS / OCR).
- Added advantage for simulation studies for DC traction power systems.
- Good experience in handling medium to high complexity of solution projects.
- Well verse of Local transportation operators and legal requirement.
- Adaptable to different working environments and customer working terms and conditions.
- Strong and effective communicator at all levels within the Business – and in front of new and existing customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time