The Manager supports the U.S. Government Affairs (GA) department with a focus on the compliance and regulatory requirements for the Company’s Political Action Committee (“PAC”) and for federal, state and local lobbying disclosures, as well as the performance of administrative support services for the department.
In this role you will be responsible for day-to-day activities of the PAC including grassroots network maintenance, contribution disbursement, Federal Election Commission and state reporting, budgeting, and PAC Board governance. The Manager will work with the Government Affairs team develop and implement internal processes related to PAC regulatory compliance. You will also be tasked with creating and preserving documents and records related to PAC administration.
The Manager, additionally, will coordinate the completion of Federal, state, and local lobbying disclosure documents, registration and reporting for the U.S. Government Affairs team.
This position will also provide some administrative support for executive leadership to ensure smooth operations of the department such as coordinating calendars, travel arrangements and expense reports, handling internal and external inquiries into the GA department, and developing briefings and other materials. Scheduling support includes event planning for facility tours and site visits with elected/government officials, industry and regional associations and Siemens leadership.What are your responsibilities?
- Work directly with the Siemens Government Affairs team on day-to-day operations of the department with a focus on PAC administration and lobbying disclosures.
- Responsibility for all aspects of PAC membership management.
- Lead intake, processing, and distribution of all federal and state disbursements.
- Coordinate with compliance consultant to ensure Federal Election Commission reports and State election commission reports are filed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Manage the PAC database and work with outside consultants to maintain data and follow best practices.
- Coordinate with Finance on payroll and payments processing.
- Assist with PAC budget development and support throughout the election cycle.
- Assist with preparation of materials for PAC board meetings and development of meeting minutes and other reports.
- Assist with industry benchmarking and analysis
- Monitors all information flow, including maintaining paper and electronic files
- Prepares presentations, reports, statistical charts, and briefings
- Receive and screen communications including telephone calls, recorded messages and/or provide assistance using independent judgment to determine which ones require priority attention
- Manage complex calendars while working closely with other executive level admins to ensure efficient flow of information
- Carries out special projects and assignments as requested
- Coordinates and handles other administrative department duties as requested
About the PAC: Siemens Political Action Committee (PAC) is a nonpartisan organization run by employees for employees to advocate for Siemens’ interests and influence policies and outcomes in the U.S. impacting our company’s reputation, financial position and ability to operate.Education/Qualifications/Skills
- 3 to 5 plus years of proven experience with Government Affairs, Government Relations, Industry Trade Association or Political Fund Raising.
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Business, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English, or related field required; Advanced degree or relevant work experience will be considered.
- Prior experience in PAC Administration, including disbursements and compliance preferred.
- Strong research and project management capabilities. The ability to work independently and cross functionally to run multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates professional judgment and editorial skills.
- Experience in the translation of complex information into engaging and succinct content targeted toward specific audiences.
- Have useful programming and analytical skills for accurate database management.
- Proficiency in multimedia platforms with desire to learn new technologies and platforms.
- Capacity to set priorities and meet deadlines, and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in internet research with solid understanding of macro-economic and business environment.
- Must be driven by ownership culture and possess an entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude. Self-starter, creative thinker, excellent listener.
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Flexibility to work remote
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Chief Executive's Office
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.