Siemens Mobility is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Learning, and ongoing Opportunities
Exposure to key supplier negotiations and management of critical delivery and supply chain challenges.
Opportunity to be involved in the building and management of strategic supplier relationships to meet Siemens Mobility's fast paced ramp roadmap.
Chance to have a taste of development and implementation of category strategies and projects related but not limited to cost reduction initiatives, supply base optimization, and contract negotiation.
What are my job responsibilities?
- Acts as "Sub-Project Manager Procurement and represents the Procurement Function vs. all relevant stakeholders and appropriate management levels (in close alignment with the involved procurement experts and their line managers) for the assigned customer projects.
- Acts as prime interface (“channel function”) to/for the customer projects’ key business partners (i.e. including overall stakeholder management, “day to day” operations as well as escalations), including but not limited: Bid/Project Management (technical and commercial), Sales (technical and commercial), Legal & Contract Management and System Engineering.
- Constantly and closely aligns with the business partners to follow the typical project dynamics and thoroughly manage any change that may potentially impact the procurement domain
- Identifies, informs, and manages a network of procurement experts and drives for utilization of their respective strategies, standards, rules.
- Analyzes, assesses and structures the project from a procurement perspective and obtains, feeds into the procurement expert network and clarifies all information being required to fulfill the procurement task.
- Prepares and manages the project procurement schedule, including supplier identification, RFQ preparation, RFQ process, clarifications, contract preparation, negotiation, supplier qualification, suppliers audit, sourcing decision.
- Prepares for/participates in/contributes to business partner project meetings
- Owns, monitors, drives utilization of the consolidated Procurement Plan and Procurement Statement, including Supplier/RFQ/offer status per purchasing item, Selected suppliers, Risk table, Procurement efforts and resources and manages Procurement Plan. Owns project related Purchasing Volume (PVO): Overview of PVO and budget cost (OIC/”MIKA”) per purchasing item, alignment with business partners and tracing of OIC/”MIKA” and monitoring of variances, incl. clarifications and measures if required. Ensures full application of Siemens guidelines, procedures, rules and standards, ensures adherence to relevant approval processes. Manages, follows and reports the procurement status and progress.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree preferably with Engineering/Management background
- At least 6-7 years of experience as Procurement Manager preferably in large EPC/multinational organizations with a focus on commodity and project procurement strategy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time