Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Siemens Infrastructure is looking for a technical professional, experienced in managing distributed power generation assets to join the Energy Performance Services (EPS) team and support the newly created Asset Management and Service team. This Energy Asset Manager (EAM) will be an individual contributor responsible for lifecycle activities of Distributed Energy Resources (DER) assets, such as solar PV farms, Battery Energy Storage Systems, Combined Heat and Power Plants and Microgrids. EAMs are responsible for a wide range of activities covering remote monitoring, definition, and coordination of planned and unplanned maintenance activities, developing customer satisfaction, driving financial performance of service agreements and projects, coordination of problem or shortfall resolution, and support new remote and digital offerings. He/she is expected to play a leading role in the setup of the Remote Operations Center. Position could be based out of anywhere in US with preference to Austin, TX, and requiring up to 25% of travel time.
- Coordinates asset management and operation & maintenance activities
- Monitors performance of assets in the portfolio ensuring high responsiveness of troubleshooting
- Decides on dispatch and supervises execution of planned and unplanned maintenance activities
- Monitors critical spare parts inventory on site and regional hubs to increase availability
- Evaluates field service quality levels and continuously strives for high-quality standards
- Ensures compliance with all contractual obligations
- Support Enterprise Asset Management software utilization
- Manages deliverables and customer experience for assigned accounts
- Develops customer satisfaction through excellent communication and work product
- Presents or coordinates the presentation of all service phase deliverables to external customer including monitoring, measurement, and verification (M&V) and overall performance assurance reporting
- Ensures understanding of guarantee components and methodology as well as SIEMENS/CLIENT contractual responsibilities during the service guarantee phase
- Ensures understanding of service agreement budget, activity plan and invoicing
- Facilitates execution of contract amendments during the guarantee phase in accordance with established process
- Supports upselling initiatives such as system retrofits or demand response programs
- Drives successful financial performance for assigned accounts
- Timely execution of service contract bookings, renewals activity planning and billing oversight
- Achievement of order intake, revenue, and margin targets
- Reviews monitoring and reporting outcomes to proactively address underperformance and opportunities for performance optimization
- Collaborates with our Portfolio and R&D teams to test, evaluate and develop advanced analytics to optimize system’s performance and enable data-driven decision making
- Address areas of underperformance that have, or are likely to, result in customer dissatisfaction or guarantee shortfall through coordination with customer and internal EPS management and resources
- Address opportunities for further optimization of program results through coordination with customer and internal resources.
- Supports the entire project lifecycle optimizing total cost of ownership of assets
- Coordinate during project development to ensure ongoing service value & cost-effectiveness
- Document lessons learned and provide guidance for procurement and other internal teams
- Leverage opportunities to grow or rescope service programs to incorporate Siemens service portfolio, especially digital and remote services, such as Demand Response programs, and drive continuous program optimization for assigned accounts.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Technology or other similar technical field
- Working knowledge of distributed energy systems: Solar, BESS, thermal generation
- Working knowledge of standard energy calculations and models
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office
- 5-7 years of energy industry-related experience (candidates with less experience with related Advanced
- Degree or certification will also be considered)
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing, and be of at least 21 years of age
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Certified Measurement and Verification Professional (CMVP), Professional
- Engineer, or other related energy certifications preferred
- Experience in remote energy metering, commissioning of
- Familiarity with Fault Detection and Data Analytics
- Experience in Remote Energy Monitoring
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
This job may be based in Colorado Springs or Littleton, Colorado. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Colorado Springs is $82,518 – 111,588 / Littleton is $90,882 - $122,604,and the annual incentive target is 10% of base salary.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.