Siemens is looking for a Control and Protection System Senior Project Engineer, to be hired with a permanent contract, for its premises in Milan! He/she will manage Technical project lead for substation automation and protection projects in the Digital Grid - Energy Automation Business Unit (Substation Automation Products and System)being part of a strong project engineering team as a contributing member.
The successful candidate will work closely with Project Managers and Operations to deliver high quality designs, supporting also the Technical Sales staff to prepare proposal and strategies.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most sophisticated engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide. Working with us, you get the perfect conditions to develop both personally and professionally.
What will you manage in the short term?
- Analysis and evaluation of technical specifications, base designs of engineering solutions, including the preparation of drawings, calculations, bill of materials, engineering instructions and processes
- Applying state-of-the-art design methods, tools, and engineering practices to craft development.
- Providing the efficient execution of projects work in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule, and safety requirements.
- Good knowledge of protection and control systems for HV and MV power plant and grid
- Good knowledge of application and functionality of the following devices: Distance protections, Line differential protections, Generator protections, Transformer differential protection, protections for electrical distribution, Bay Control Unit
- Completing risk and opportunity assessments, reporting also about contract, quality program or cost issues for resolution; communicating engineering designs and processes to internal partners and actively supplying to design reviews and customer project meetings.
- Collaborating with Supply Chain for input on vendor documentation, bids and proposals evaluations, materials and equipment.
- Providing training and support to the other team members, including foreign colleagues; maintaining a strong network of engineering professionals, sharing engineering standard methodology across different projects and subject areas to support the development of junior colleagues.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking ownership for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
Who are we looking for?A candidate with the following features:
- Passionate and prepared to handle issues related to technological innovation in Industry 4.0 and Digitalization Topics
- Customer Orientation: Ability to anticipate and understand customers’ needs, be responsive and keep commitments
- Good organizational skills to respond to multiple inquiries in a timely and professional manner This is a position requiring attention to detail with a strong focus on time and task management, capable of handling many orders and tasks in parallel.
- Solid experience in technical department within substation automation, with a products’ portfolio made of Control, Command, Protection and RTU devices and their standard applications in Electrical Field.
- Confirmed experience in a similar role
- Bachelor's / Three Years Master's Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering, Automation or Technical High School Diploma
- Good knowledge of Italian and English, both written and spoken;
- Strong orientation to reach targets, initiative, autonomy and propensity to work in team
- A high level of self-motivation, curiosity and a collaborative approach
- Positive relationship building skills with customers, and extensive knowledge of the energy market
What can we further offer?
- A flexible way of working: Smartworking;
- Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the ambitious spirit are rewarded;
- An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated and where we guarantee a continuous training;
- Flexible Welfare programs that can be extended to your family;
- Shareholding plans for the employee;
- Health insurance that can be extended to your family;
- Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance;
- Meal totally paid by the company;
- Company’ s Personal Computer and Smartphone.
What else do you have to know?
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer, offering a safe and inclusive work environment, based on mutual respect and the appreciation of diversity, offering equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates to realize their full potential.
We believe strongly in both taking ownership and being transparent with your data. For the new GDPR we manage only online applications, and we don’t accept CVs by mail.
Please submit the following documents with your application: Letter of motivation, curriculum vitae (CV). Only applications sent via the system and in English will be considered.
Are you ready to build a real impact?
Come on board and seek the challenges of today and tomorrow together with us!
The world is constantly changing, and we’re always thinking about what’s next. You can help us build the technologies and innovations of tomorrow. Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
For further information or questions, you can contact: Siemens Spa, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, Via Vipiteno, n.4 Milan (Italy).
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.p.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time