- Plans and executes assigned own repair projects.
- Analyzes technical problems with the product, (drives and CNC controls) and completes mechanical and/or electrical repairs and work orders.
- Executes ramp up, set up and start procedures to test products, machines, and equipment to ensure appropriate functionality.
- Contributes to installation projects on site and support accountable Industrial Engineers.
- Supports maintenance of technician documentations of processes and equipment.
- May advise junior staff technically.
- May cope with different technologies to repair products.
- Implement activities within a repair operation to meet delivery, quality, and cost objectives.
- Foster a work environment that supports a “Zero Harm Culture”, implements company policy, and promotes active engagement of positive work practices to ensure high morale and safety amongst the team.
- Develop a continuous improvement mindset mentality, to improve upon key performance metrics. This includes processes associated with repair costs, repair time and repair quality using PDCA green cards.
- Make economic decisions on active repairs to continue with the repair or scrap the repair. Thus, optimizing repair times & material usage needed for “off the shelf” deliveries.
- Interface with customer service and logistics departments to inform customer of any delays or difficulties associated with a repair that changes the customer original expectations of the repair.
- Ensure products are cleaned and repaired to a “like new” condition. When a “like new” condition is not achievable, be the eyes of the customer to render options to supervision.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- AAS Electronic Technology degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Typically, 3-5 years of successful experience in Electronic Troubleshooting.
- This position supports a Siemens customer who requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge of Six Sigma & LEAN methodologies
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Reading schematics and assembly drawings
- Knowledge of Electronic Test Equipment (DMM, Oscilloscopes, and power supplies).
- Proficient in soldering, testing, and troubleshooting electronic components.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.