This Operations Management role will have full P&L responsibility for the P&L and the day-to-day operations of the Norwood Motors factory. The facility, built in 1898, was the first manufacturing facility in Norwood, Ohio and is one of Siemens’ most historic manufacturing facilities in the world, consisting of 520,000 square-feet. With a workforce of approximately 350 highly skilled employees sets a standard of excellence across the industry with the number-one market position in North America. The Norwood factory is a $100+M business which manufactures medium/high voltage motors ranging from 500 to 20,000 HP.
Multiple functions will report into the Operations Manager, including Customer Order Engineering, Production, Project Management, Quality, Materials Planning and Logistics, EH&S, Facilities. Other critical organizational interfaces include Sales/Marketing, Procurement, Finance, Product Management, Research & Development and Human Resources.
The preferred candidate for this Operations Management role will possess a minimum of 10 years of manufacturing operations experience with successful roles in production, supervision, engineering, quality, safety and materials. Additionally, he/she will have a successful track record of developing employees and crafting bench strength for an organization. Experience working for a matrixed, international organization is also critical. Experience with a unionized workforce would be a plus.
Responsibilities and Specific Requirements:
- Ensuring the safety of the workforce, vendors and customers
- Ensuring diversity, inclusion and involvement
- Ensuring that the factory is best-in-class and complies with all regulations with respect to Safety & Quality
- Ensuring excellent customer satisfaction by providing products & services from the factory on-time and with the highest quality
- Achieving the right cost position in the factory through:
- Performance management
- Efficient inventory turns
- Minimal non-conformance costs
- High utilization, efficiency & productivity
- Controlling budget & expenses/spending
- Excellent employee/labor relations
- Assessing the strength and opportunities of the day-to-day operations and being able to develop appropriate strategies to transform into World Class Operations
- Having a continuous improvement approach
- Having results & quality orientation, along with being a champion for change management
- Building a strong team in Operations – with good bench-strength
- Developing & coaching the Operations Management/Leadership team to take on new and greater challenges in Operations
- Being able to communicate to shop-floor employees, customers & executives, both written and verbal
- Area of responsibility has significant strategic impact on the overall success of business
- Acts as advisor troubleshooting and resolving complex problems within multi-departments and/or cross-functional areas.
- Experience with supplier management
- Excellent understanding of budgeting and business financial planning
- Strong leadership skills with involvement in turnaround situations and experience in leading change
- Management experience in a union environment (preferred but not required)
Bachelor’s Degree is required. Advanced degree preferred.
Knowledge and Experience:
- About 10-%15% travel required, visiting customers, suppliers or partners at HQ
- SAP, Excel, Access, VSM, RCA, FMEA, and other Lean/Quality Tools
- Demonstrates advanced understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.
- Typically 10+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Experience in electric machines or rotating equipment is preferred.
Key Working Relationships
- Multiple functions, worldwide inter-organizational, and external contacts.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.