Technology driven, problem solvers
Customers around the world trust in our products. Our service technicians and engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a trusted adviser, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you go the distance. Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, the possibilities are endless.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What is this Opportunity?
As Branch Service Operations Manager, you will manage service operations for the Toronto Branch (region includes Greater Toronto Area and Southwestern Ontario) focusing on our Automation, Fire and Security portfolio under our Smart Infrastructure, Regional Solutions and Service organization. In addition, you will collaborate with other service delivery levels (Zone and Americas Digital Service Center). You will drive the successful planning and execution of required operations activities to achieve revenue, profit and productivity budgets / targets as well as customer and employee satisfaction goals. This role directs operational activities, exercising tight cost control and maximizing price realization, margin, profit and labor utilization while maintaining a high customer satisfaction. Your focus on strategy and leadership in managing the largest branch, will be the key to your success!
What will you do?
- Develop and execute digitalization and standard service operations strategies.
- Collaborate with and support Zone and Americas Digital Service Center leadership in developing and implementing long-term growth strategy and plans.
- Drive execution of the business plan including revenue forecast, profit, cost control, asset management, and other financial deliverables based on targets.
- Achieve balanced operations targets (includes slip, absorption, utilization, rates, productivity, and headcount).
- Build and maintain a Service operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth across the Branch.
- Develop strong internal and external customer relationships and identify needs and resolve issues.
- Ensure team executes and quotes deficiencies and repairs per Branch requirements.
- Ensure team operates and maintains assigned vehicles per the fleet policy.
- Successfully complete assigned training and ensure team completes assigned training as outlined in each person’s training path.
- Follow all safety requirements as outlined by Siemens as well as customers.
- Travel: 30%-40%
What will you need to succeed?
- BS or MS in business or engineering or applicable degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years of industry knowledge and experience with one or all of the following: Automation, HVAC, Fire, and Security systems.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. Proficient with MS Office.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and local rules and regulations applicable to the geographic area as well as all company policies and procedures. Act as a company representative and liaison to customers and local authorities.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand and manage the dynamics of a complex organization, including P&L (profit and loss).
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability.
- People leadership; Experience in leading and managing a high performing team.
- Ability to travel 30-40%.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.