The SQM professional is responsible for ensuring and continuous improvement of supplier quality for the Houston location including reproduction and cooperation partners by creating and implementing optimal processes for supplier quality management (SQM). The role is a supporting cross-functional cooperation between Procurement, Quality, Logistics, Development and Production.
This position has a direct impact on Business Unit performance and must possess an in-depth knowledge of supplier quality management and continuous improvement methods: position must also possess the ability/ skills to communicate with a wide variety of people and influence actions.
The Senior SQM professional will report directly to the Quality Manager. This position has direct reports within component engineering and incoming inspection.
· Leading the location / factory Component Engineers (CE) and Incoming Inspectors in operational matters, coaching, mentoring, and evaluating performance
· Ensuring process compliance and achievement of targets by monitoring and coaching talks
· Preparing quality reports for the BU SQM
· Ensuring and improving supplier quality in the location / factory
· Performing the operative role as highest level of escalation for supplier quality management in the location / factory
· Information and escalation within the location / factory and to SQM functions at BU level, BU SQM and BU CEs
· Implementation and controlling of the efficiency of SQM-related BU processes (process framework SQM incl. sub-processes, guidelines, procedures, tools)
· Setting SQM targets in consultation with interface partners
· Supports determining the strategy of material teams
· Determining preventive SQM work including the SQM methods to be applied
· Providing coordinated resources for the realization of BU Commodity Roadmaps and SQM-related BU processes
· Responsible for supplier quality performance is evaluations
· Responsible for implementation and controlling of an effective and efficient incoming goods inspection considering BU requirements
· Implementation and controlling of an effective complaints management including review of effectiveness of corrective measures performed at the supplier, e.g. by checking 8D reports in terms of content, supplier audits
· Regular analysis of supplier quality and support with fast and competent root cause failure analyses and technical knowledge when determining and implementing appropriate corrective measures at the supplier.
· Identifying potential risk suppliers from the location / factory SQM point of view and introduction of adequate measures and ensuring that potential risks in the material's manufacturing process are reduced/avoided on a lasting basis
· Controlling corrective measures including specific measures for supplier ranking
· Ensuring a standardized evaluation of supplier quality performance for the annual supplier evaluation (SES) in the location / factory
· Ensuring that there is an SQM contribution to the location / factory -specific target agreements with suppliers
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BS in related field
· 8+ years of experience within Logistics discipline in manufacturing environment
· Global outlook and exposure to different challenges, cultures and ways of working
· Supplier Quality experience
· Proven track record of structured problem solving
· Understanding of manufacturing or service processes and the quality drivers
· Practical experience of ISO9001 Management systems with a good understanding of ISO9001:2015
· Lead auditor qualified or working towards the qualification
· SAP experience required
· Proven ability to facilitate training
· ASQ certification preferred
· Six Sigma green and/or black belt certification preferred
· Bilingual in Spanish a plus
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.