Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Siemens is looking for a Remote Technical Support Specialist experienced in Building Automation, Fire Alarm & Security Systems for the Building Automation Customer Support Center (CSC). The CSC is physically located in Irving, Texas, but this position can be performed remotely as well. Hours will be during second shift, from 11:00 AM – 11:00 PM, and third shift from 11:00 PM to 11:00 AM, and may include weekend days. Overtime paid for hours worked in excess of 40 hours, weekly. This position is ideal for experienced Field Service individuals who seek an office or remote, home-based office environment. Core mission is responding to Building Automation alarms, performing remote analysis and troubleshooting on systems and devices related to Building Automation, and providing initial solutions for installed systems. You will also configure and utilize cRSP remote services technology for the Remote Digital Service Center and interface with Service Engineers, Client Service Managers, Field Specialists and customers. You will also generate reports and make recommendations on installation performance to pro-actively inform customers on system health and operational status.
- Provide support to all local offices both during normal business hours, and act as main point of contact for all afterhours support calls.
- Provide Remote On-line Technical Support Services on Siemens proprietary products such as Desigo CC and Apogee Insight using various connection methodologies.
- Respond to critical remote building alarms per designated customer action plans and take corrective actions where required.
- Provide customer operator coaching on any communications requests that may be encountered.
- Troubleshoot any network, software, programming and/or building automation system malfunctions remotely via network connection or by telephone-based interaction with primary emphasis and knowledge of Siemens Building Automation Systems and integrated products
- Apply analytics-based fault and event diagnosis and corrective measures.
- Operate BACS (Building Automation Control Systems)
- Provide Responsive, Preventive and Proactive maintenance call handling
- Provide initial set up tasks and lifecycle maintenance and corrective action tasks for Data Driven Services
- Implement BACS optimization measures and programming
- Maintain detailed activities, records and service reporting documentation for customers
- Administer cRSP and CWP connections and Navigator proxy installation and setup
- Run diagnostic tools, performance tools and customer reports
- Provide Proven Outcomes based data collection and reporting
- Administer online data base backup tools and reports
- Work with customer IT administrators to explain and install Siemens tools used to pull data from customer networks or tools used to access Siemens BACS systems to perform corrective or PM maintenance
- 3-5 years field experience with installing and/or servicing Building Automation & Integrated Systems with a strong background in Siemens Integration Systems, Building Automation Control Systems, networking, and energy management.
- 3 years’ experience in customer service call handling, dispatching and service response in a related or technical industry required.
- Strong customer service relationship building & communication skills needed to be assertive in acquiring the necessary information to aid internal & external clients.
- Understand benchmarks and KPIs
- Monitor performance. Mentor and develop skills needed for growth of department for the non-technical support staff
- Excellent knowledge of HVAC system mechanics, temperature controls.
- High school diploma, state recognized GED or high school proficiency exam.
- Strong customer satisfaction and service focus, with good organizational, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, PC and business software systems (i.e. SAP), and telephone call handling. Ability to work during times of high call processing activity and time constraint demands.
- Basic knowledge of Fire protection & Security Alarm systems.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work from home at least part of the time
- Ability to teach and coach team members
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
This job may be based in Colorado Springs or Littleton, Colorado. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in either city is $44,778 - $60,282.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.