Title: Project Manager
Position Level : PL7
What are my responsibilities?
• Good organizational skills and lead multiple projects with multiple teams simultaneously
• Leading project planning sessions
• Co-ordinate with Product Owners for Product backlog management, concept grooming and continuous delivery of features.
• Co-ordinate with Architects for Architecture backlog management, prototypes and technical grooming.
• Work with Quality manager for Optimizing and improving processes and the overall approach wherever necessary
• Effectively guide and facilitate the sprint ceremonies to consistently achieve the sprint goals (Sprint planning, reviews, retrospective, demo, daily stand-ups, and stakeholder meetings).
• Protect scrum team from outside distractions, impediments or team conflicts, and maintain focus on product backlog and project timeline.
• Work/collaborate/communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
(E.g., Resolve dependencies, QA, RA, Integration, Test)
• Regularly monitor and control the metrics to meet project/product goals.
(E.g., sprint/release burn down, velocity, defects, etc.)
• Ensuring projects meet deadlines
• Maintain project risk register and design mitigation plan
• Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
• Managing relationships with clients and stakeholders
• Overseeing all project documentation
• Guide the team with Agile/Lean principles and practices (E.g., thin slicing, reduce waste, VSM, SPS) to deliver value frequently and regularly to the customers.
• Coaching, mentoring, and fostering the culture of transparency, continual improvement, and self-organizing within the team.
• Build trust & create positive environment by empowerment, facilitating discussions, decision making and conflict resolution with emphasis on problem solving.
• Identify and control project risks by means of prevention, mitigation and contingencies.
• Ensure that sprint deliverables are adhering to the Quality and regulatory guidelines
• Exposure to medical domain process and practices.
• Minimum of 10+ years of experience in Software Development & Project management experience and successful demonstration of job specific and key responsibilities
• Minimum of 5 years of successful project management of software development projects
• Knowledge on requirements engineering and backlog management
• Experience in Project management tools and techniques. (E.g., Excel, TFS for backlog management, WBS, Estimation techniques, RCA tools...,)
• Certification from siemens on Project Management – RDPM, Type C or above would be preferred.
• Ability to effectively manage Risks, communications, and stakeholders.
• Able to work across multiple project teams to resolve dependencies/ ambiguous situations.
• Knowledge/experience in expert functions like Software Development / Design and Software Testing
• Knowledge on best practices and latest trends in Agile software project management like continuous release, Agile SAFE etc.,
• Sound knowledge of SDLC and Software Engineering Processes.
• Ability to work independently and within a group / team environment
• Ability to demonstrate high levels of leadership and an ability to influence team members
• Critical thinking skills in bringing successful resolution to cross-functional problems