Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
The Siemens Customer Service Center (CSC) is looking for a skilled technician familiar with fire, security and access control panel programming and installation to include remote programming and troubleshooting. This technician will report into the IT Manager and will work primarily with equipment and personnel in the Central Monitoring Stations (CMS). Familiarity with Bosch and Napco products are a plus. Familiarity with Service Business Network (SBN) application also a plus. Attention to detail and persistence is critical in this role. This individual will be responsible for detailed communications with Siemens field personnel when they are programming panels on site at customer locations for fire and other safety-of-life systems. You’ll also be responsible for analyzing accounts with excessive signals and coordinating with the local Siemens Branch responsible for service at those accounts. Also, you’ll be accountable for testing new software/hardware in the CMS lab to ensure all hands are knowledgeable about capabilities and operations. Additional duties will include cross-training on IMMIX video application and other IT systems and applications critical to the performance of the Central Monitoring Stations in Irving, Texas and Beltsville, Maryland. This position is located in Irving, Texas.
- High School Diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam
- Familiarity with field fire alarm and security alarm panels and equipment
- Familiarity with video security and surveillance systems
- Intermediate or better proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience working with both technical field personnel and directly with customers
- Understanding of functions performed at a Central Monitoring Station
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Associates Degree or Vocational IT Certificate
- Hands on experience with field fire alarm and security alarm panels to include troubleshooting and programming
- Hands on experience with the setup, programming and administration of video security and surveillance systems
- Understanding of the IT architecture and network configurations of a Central Monitoring Station
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.