At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
The Application Support Engineer is responsible for ensuring the technical success of our Simcenter customers in their use of our System Simulation software, with a specific focus on Amesim and Flomaster. Working closely with customers to understand their engineering workflow, the Application Support Engineer proposes solutions and best practices to help the client meet their objectives as well as improve their processes. The role includes classroom training, mentoring, and providing direct customer support. The position works closely with the sales organization to discover opportunities to grow usage within accounts and engage the customer to realize that growth.
Excellent communication skills and a desire to work with clients are critical to success in this fast-paced and broad engineering role. If you are creative, entrepreneurial, and possess excellent communication skills, we would like to hear from you.Responsibilities
- Act as primary point of contact to assigned set of accounts for all technical issues related to their use of Amesim and Flomaster. Identify problems and take ownership for successful resolution of issues.
- Facilitate the sales process in developing account intelligence, pursuing opportunities for growth of software usage, and assisting in software deployment.
- Conduct technical discussions with customers to collect and understand simulation requirements, propose solutions, and explain benefits of our approach.
- Conduct training on introductory and advanced topics in Amesim and Flomaster
- Perform benchmark simulations and test cases to explore new methods, define standard methodologies and verify results.
- Build Knowledge Base articles for the customer community.
- Work on multiple projects and support engagements simultaneously.
- Collaborate with product management and industry teams to provide recommendations on future product direction and communicate and demonstrate new software capabilities to customers.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Job experience a plus
- Successful application of system simulation or finite element analysis to meet real world goals in design.
- Experience with solutions for plant modeling, control systems a plus.
- Ability to learn new skills and adapt to customer application needs.
- Excellent communication, organization, time management, and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
This position will be subject to U.S. export control requirements under ITAR and EAR.Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Experience with Amesim, Flomaster, Simcenter 3D, Nastran or similar commercial tools.
- Experience with linear, dynamic, non-linear FEA on models of unlimited size.
- Working knowledge of advanced nonlinear structural analysis methodologies including contact, creep, plasticity and coupled thermal mechanical systems simulation.
- Working knowledge of modeling and analysis of multi-domain systems
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time