At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Principal Software Architect
Siemens is looking for a principal architect to work on the industry leading Teamcenter PLM product. The candidate will work with a team of senior architects and focus on the security, authentication, and authorization aspects of a large distributed system. The candidate will lead other foundation developers and consult with application teams in the development of complex software solutions. The candidate will explore future technologies and trends that can be utilized to make Teamcenter better, faster, and cheaper to deploy. This position reports to the Teamcenter Foundation Design Office.
- Provide architectural direction on application security including authentication, authorization, and encryption of data and communication channels.
- Review the design of new and existing functionality for security vulnerabilities and suggest best practices and improvements.
- Designing and developing security and authentication solutions to protect mission-critical data of fortune 500 companies
- Triage results of penetration tests, security scans, and educate development teams on the reported issues, and recommend approaches to resolve or mitigate the issues
- Creates, documents, and oversees the execution of software designs that may involve complicated workflows or multiple product areas.
- Provides input to the technical direction of the platform layer to ensure efficient implementation of end-user applications
- Consults with customers to gather requirements for future features and solutions
- Able to solve complex technical problems
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience; Master's or Doctorate (preferred)
- 10+ years of network communications related experience
- Solid understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorization, and security, including familiarity with OAuth, OIDC, JWT, SAML, PKI, SSL/TLS, Kerberos, HTTP(S) security features, secure web application development
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, OS named pipes and FIFOs, web sockets, asynchronous I/O
- Experience with microservice architectural patterns and authorization best practices.
- Experience developing cloud solutions
- Extensive experience in information security with a focus on security, performance, and reliability
- Good working knowledge of current IT risks and experience implementing security solutions
- Experience implementing multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, identity management, or related technologies
- Ability to interact with a broad cross-section of personnel to explain and enforce security measures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as business acumen and a commercial outlook
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.