If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.8 billion and had around 34,200 employees worldwide.
What are my job responsibilities?
- Responsible for engineering, installation and testing of Depot Equipment for large Depot projects in the Asia Pacific Region. i.e. design and testing deliverable completion, clarification meetings with client and other System Wide Contractors, follow up with Depot Equipment suppliers.
- Prepare submissions of documents (Pre-Final Design; Final Design documents), delivering test procedures (FAT. SAT, ITC, TTR).
- Prepare Method statements of installation of Depot Equipment.
- Prepare and carry out Depot Equipment Factory and Site Acceptance tests with accuracy as stated in the relevant test documents.
- Supervising the installation of the Depot Equipment in close cooperation with the Depot Equipment suppliers to ensure that the Depot Equipment complies with approved design specifications and Interfaces.
- Testing and Commissioning of the Depot Equipment as required, demonstrating that the system is operational and meets the requirement of the contract and technical specifications.
- Work closely with Project teams, Interfacing, Depot Equipment suppliers, T&C teams including coordinate with various interface partner.
- Assisting in Quality Audits on Depot Equipment suppliers
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
- Assisting and reporting to Project Director / Head of Depot projects.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (minimum Bachelor’s degree from recognized university)
- Has acquired strong foundation as a Mechanical Engineer and in Coordination Works with Civil Contractors.
- Must have minimum of 10 years of professional experience in Mechanical engineering practice thereof minimum 6 years’ experience in Rail Depot projects for MRT projects.
- Must have experience in the coordination, delivery and installation of Depot equipment particularly for a complex Rail Depot with multiple construction areas.
- Must have wide experience in coordinating an MRT Depot project. Knowledge in the installation and civil provision in the installation of Depot Equipment, i.e. Train Wash Plants, Lifting Equipment, Underfloor Wheel Lathes etc. and its delivery to installation site.
- Experience in integrating Automated Warehouse Management Sub-Systems
- Experience in interpreting and understand Civil Combined Services drawing (CSD), Structural, Electrical & Mechanical drawings (SEM). Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP).
- Experience in handling design coordination, inspections and supervision work
- Involvement in previous executed MRT Depot projects in Singapore is preferred.
- Well verse of Local transportation operators and legal requirement.
- Adaptable to different working environments and customer working terms and conditions.
- Strong and effective communicator at all levels within the Business – and in front of new and existing customers.
- Effective team player, strong Management skills with technical, analytical and coordination abilities.
- Proficient for Microsoft office applications and AutoCAD
- Basic principles of BIM
- Project management skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time