If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.8 billion and had around 34,200 employees worldwide.
What are my job responsibilities?
The Testing and Commissioning Engineer reports to the Testing and Commissioning Manager he is assigned to and is responsible for the following:
- To perform and execute the test and commissioning tasks according to the test plan and test procedures.
- Record faults and report any defects or deviations from the specification.
- Troubleshooting and fault finding of electronic equipment faults, wiring error and crimping error, etc.
- Test and commission according to the test plan and test procedures, record the test results, analyse the test results, analyse the test log, summarize this on the test report, descript any test problems, communicate with the system engineer and close the list of outstanding issues and logs
- Fault find electronic systems and report back results and any systemic issues
- Interfacing with other parts of the Siemens Mobility organization to try to improve the design and tools as much as possible to keep the overall system efficient and economical to deliver.
- Identify and report any defects or variations from the specification
- Report completion of the testing activities in line with the procedure.
- Ensure that "Best Practice" is adopted and that quality of workmanship is always maintained to the highest possible standards.
- Liaise with the Manager on all site related activities.
- To provide weekly and ad-hoc progress reports to the Manager
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate Testing and Commissioning methodology
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical/Electronic or Telecommunications Engineering
- Diploma/Degree in other related disciples will be considered
- Experience in software and electronic tools, and prior railway experience is preferred.
- Hand-on experience on tools (screwdriver, solder, crimping tools, etc.)
- Experience in railway signalling experience will be an added advantage.
- Possess a Track Circuits System principles and testing systems is an added advantage.
- Fast learner
- Good problem solving skill and analytical thinking
- Railway signaling experience is desirable.
- Willingly to work at Night/Engineering (when the railway shut down for maintenance work) Hours.
- Team player who is analytical, highly motivated and independent with excellent team spirit and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the construction of MRT projects will be an advantage.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time