Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters. This is your role
• Mechanical engineer with an MTech or PhD in Mechanical engineering and focus in thermodynamics, fluid dynamics and heat transfer.
• Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in thermal analysis and design of cooled gas turbine components.
• Experience in utilizing heat transfer and cooling design engineering skills to analyze technical requirements and applying appropriate skill set to design hot gas path, Casing & Rotor turbine components.
• Ability to analyze/create thermal boundary conditions and perform Flow & Heat Transfer engineering calculations both for analytical, flow network, correlation-based and CFD & Conjugate Heat Transfer based tasks.
• Finite element analysis & ability to review the results. Good Familiarity with FE tools like ANSYS or general purpose FEA tool.
• Heat Transfer-design fundamentals & problem-solving skills (Gas Turbine Component, System level)
• Understanding of Mechanical integrity, Aerodynamics and manufacturing aspects for gas turbine blading.
• Experience using Pro / E, NX (Uni-graphics) or other similar solid modeling CAD software for visualization of cooling channel/scheme lay out of components or engine assembly is a merit.
• Experience in Providing technical support to other functional areas is a merit.
• Exposure to SAP and Teamcenter PLM is a merit.
• Programming skills like python or C#.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• Heat transfer and cooling design and analysis of gas turbine parts (rotating or stationary or system).
• Heat transfer and flow analysis using commercial CFD tools, CFX or Star CCM+
• Thermal modelling using flow network approach with pressure loss and heat transfer correlations connected to a FE solver.
• Understand the product function, design requirements and design principles.
• Be a point of contact, speaking partner and provide expertise regarding hot gas path heat transfer related topics in a project
• Work with project lead to understand the requirements, find solutions to design challenges, and deliver related design activities within agreed timeline.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time