Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Today, we are recruiting for the Power Supply System Testing and Commissioning Engineer position to Join our Project Team in Egypt. This is an excellent career opportunity for Testing and Commissioning Professionals from Rail /Transportation Business looking to join a truly international team.
Your Role – International, Challenging and Future-Oriented!
- Supervise site acceptance testing, including subcontractor management and handover to end customer.
- Sign inspection and testing protocols, additionally, verify test results and document the handover to end customer.
- Review progress reports from subcontractors and report it to project management.
- Preparation of testing and commissioning look ahead programs including and issuing coordinating inspection requests.
- Putting equipment into operation safely in addition to carrying out simple repair/maintenance if needed.
- Provide input to as built drawings.
- Keeping log of equipment status and ensure they are correctly maintained.
- Investigate faults and adjust the protection system as necessary.
- Replace faulty parts from the spare parts stock and update the stock. In addition to requesting additional spare parts if needed.
- Support with the software commissioning activities of the protection and control system, including PLC, HMI and SCADA systems.
- Familiarizes himself/herself with the owner’s technical specification and ensures that the specification and requirements are adhered to, to laisse with the owner’s inspector or his/her representative.
Your Qualifications and Skills – Digital and Solid!
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from a reputable university.
- Experience of 3-5 years or more in testing and commissioning of electrical distribution systems, including MV and LV switchgear, power transformers, diesel generators and UPS systems.
- Experienced and capable of operating electrical distribution systems including MV and LV switchgear, power transformers, diesel generators and UPS systems.
- Good understanding and knowledge of PLC, SCADA and automation concepts, preferably with some experience in this area.
- Knowledge and experience with electrical protection systems and relays, including Siemens Siprotec relays.
- Able to interpret electrical wiring diagrams and schemes, varying from simple to sophisticated systems and equipment.
- Proven awareness and implementation of safe electrical power switching and isolation. Additionally, highly conscious to EHS rules and regulations.
- Project exposure including supervising and leading subcontractors, taking care of consultant and owners.
- Previous experience and practice with handover procedures, preferably with the governmental sector projects.
- Very good command of the English language, spoken and written.
- Valid driving license and able to work in a multifaceted environment and in several site locations, including willingness to relocate locally in mainly Benha-Portsaid region
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more results-oriented and better prepared to respond optimally to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Egypt LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time