Location: Global - You can work from any country where Siemens is operating.
Looking for a chance to create a positive impact?
During all our company existence, Siemens is a true champion of innovation and as such, we recognize unique value proposition of Linux-based systems and open-source model as whole. Therefore, we decided to increase adoption of these technologies in our products and infrastructure, bringing numerous benefits internally and to our customers.
In this role, you will be spearhead of this effort. Your task will be bringing OSS technologies to population of tens of thousands of Siemens colleagues, who are involved with software development. You will educate them, coach them, and support them in every meaningful way with one goal. Help us further transform and grow Siemens and thus serve better our customers and partners.
Among our projects is for example internal social coding platform code.siemens.com and its eco-system that enables and encourages up to 40 000 people within Siemens to openly and efficiently collaborate and bring innovation to life.
We are looking for person, who is a recognized leader in the global Open Source community. Someone who experienced paradigm shift within big organization and is passionate about bringing Open Source to new places and finding new use cases within our company.
- Coach and guide the 40 000 developers across all organizations (Business Units, Corporate Units, etc.) on the Open Source way of working and related tooling, infrastructure concepts etc..
- Influence major strategic decisions at Siemens regarding implementation of Open Source culture and tools
- Contribute towards strategic Open Source Software projects on behalf of Siemens
- Implement API thinking and guide developers on APIs
Your skills and experience
- Recognized as established Open Source leader, contributor and maintainer within well-known projects
- You have a master or PhD in Computer Science or in related fields
- minimum 10 years of experience in developing and analysing complex distributed systems
- Proven track record of shaping the culture regarding Open Source within a multinational company
- Strong cybersecurity mindset and understanding of typical attack vectors
- Deep knowledge on Linux, CI/CD and multiple programming languages
- Fluent in English, (Portuguese or German a plus)
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Information Technology
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time