Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Detector Scientist.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Detector Scientist, you will be responsible for:
- You will demonstrate project leadership in next generation Positron Emission Tomography (PET) detector research and development projects and be an interface between technology suppliers (sensors, academics, and collaborators) and internal researchers supporting the technology/ innovation roadmap of the PET detector team
- You will contribute to feasibility and improvement studies throughout the complete product lifecycle: high-level design, concept research, simulation, prototype evaluation, performance testing, system integration testing, manufacturing launch and product sustaining
- You will support our hardware innovation development at all levels within the detector development: Optics, sensors, scintillators, ASICs, analog electronics, and digital electronics.
- You will assure the transfer of technologies into product solutions by working closely with other R&D teams and product management
- You will protect innovations with invention disclosures You will take part at the knowledge exchange with our R&D team to improve and further develop our products and software solutions
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You have a solid understanding of PET detector electronics and physics and can translate functional requirements into efficient working designs
- You have excellent hand-on laboratory skills and a passion for experimental work with a high level of detail
- You have experience in analog/digital electronics design and can master multiple programming languages including FPGA and microcontroller programming
- You have strong computer skills to do efficient data processing, analysis and documentation
- You have experience with PET and other imaging modalities (CT/MR)
- You thrive in a virtual and fast-paced environment and can collaborate effectively with excellent written and oral communication skills
- You have an outstanding ability to work independently, be creative, and overcome obstacles
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Ph.D. in biomedical /electrical engineering, physics or related experimental field
- Minimum of 3-8 years of experience in a research environment in one of these experimental fields: PET, SPECT, radiation detector development, radiation physics, nuclear physics, particle physics, or related field.
- Willing to travel both internationally and domestically for customer visits and conferences
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.