Siemens DISW is a world-leading provider of product lifecycle management and manufacturing operations management software. We help thousands of companies realise innovation by optimising their processes, from planning and development through manufacturing, production and support. Siemens DISW is a business unit of the Siemens Digital Industries Division. Driven by a deep understanding of what it takes to deliver successful products.
The In-cylinder Product Manager is responsible for management of in-cylinder CFD simulation products/add-ons in the Simcenter portfolio, including the Simcenter STAR-CCM+ In-cylinder solution. This role holds direct responsibility for product strategy, market messaging, and internal communication on the status of all in-cylinder product actions and activities.
In addition this role will lead all aspects of our growing interest in hydrogen technologies, including combustion and fuel cell applications. This feeds into our e-Powertrain application initiative and the role will work very closely with counterparts on the product management team and application specialists.What is involved
- Long-term and short/medium term product planning
- Awareness of market forces, competitive offerings, affecting legislation, and commercial trends to guide long-term strategic direction of product
- Road-mapping for forward-looking 1-2 year development plan
- Regular communication with product support team to understand market needs, customer issues, and product functionality problems/requirements
- Creation of “go-to-market” material
- Communication of product developments to internal and external customers:
- Internal release webinars and status updates to senior staff
- Maintenance of internal information resources
- Product presentations at conferences
- External product webinars
Candidates will ideally come with a master’s degree (or equivalent) in mechanical or automotive engineering and tried experience in automotive in-cylinder simulation
- Knowledge of and/or experience with hydrogen fuel cell application is a plus
- Analytical problem solver with strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- A technical background in product development or product management is considered a plus
- Commercial experience with in-cylinder simulation using Simcenter STAR-CCM+, STAR-CD, Converge, AVL FIRE, Ricardo VECTIS, or OpenFOAM is required.
We are looking for someone who is a strong teammate and creative problem solver who is able to work with multi-cultural technical teams. Do you have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to build large amounts of information into coherent themes and messages? Then this could be the role for you.
Based anywhere in Europe, this position requires direct customer interaction with a wide-ranging base around the world. Travel expectation is variable but expected to average at 25% travel.We are Siemens
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Computational Dynamics Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time