Network Security Expert / Cybersecurity Operations
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 65,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
As a Network Security Expert, you’ll play a key role in Healthineers’ growth and long-term success by ensuring the risks to the organization’s information and assets posed by a variety of cyber threats are minimized. You will be responsible for driving the defense of our network both on-prem and in the cloud. You will identify solutions to architectural network security problems, proactively identify risks, and communicate technical topics to a wide variety of audiences.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The position will bring a mix of the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership as we design and deploy our secure network architectures. Drive implementation, innovation, and continuous improvement for Healthineers’ network security.
- Participate in shaping operational capabilities and defining network security strategy.
- Review existing network security capabilities and define roadmap and strategy for security enhancements.
- Understand our hybrid networks that span public cloud and physical datacenters and assess attack surface and identify security gaps within our network.
- Support the development and maintenance of network security posture controls.
- Work closely with peers and colleagues across Network Engineering, Cybersecurity Operations and Security Governance to ensure that implementation and operations is aligned with security standards and best practices.
- Be the subject matter expert on current and emerging topics related to network security architecture, design, and implementation.
- Build monitoring and alerting solutions targeting network security risks.
- Advise on incident containment measures through recommended initial actions in collaboration with the Incident Response team.
- Provide advice relating to potential mitigation measures to prevent, or limit future reoccurrence in collaboration with the Incident Response and Blue Teams.
- Perform proactive analysis across all networks by staying abreast of current threats and trends.
- Develop and document network security reference architectures, design patterns, roadmaps, and other architectural artifacts aligned with policies, standards, and industry best practices.
Knowledge of relevant technological aspects for this position. The ideal candidate should bring a mix of expertise in (a subset of) the following areas:
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Cybersecurity Network Engineer, Architect, or related functional areas.
- Subject matter expertise with NGFWs, WAFs, Web Gateways, DDoS Mitigation, and security architecture. Desirable experience in configuration and administration of security devices from leading vendors.
- Solid understanding of cloud networking technologies and design principles, as well as next generation network security technologies (e.g. software defined network architectures, Edge Computing Architecture, CASB, SASE, ZTNA).
- Interaction with the other technical teams is an essential part of this position and as such a broad array of technical knowledge would be beneficial.
- Experience working in security environments based on SaaS-based products.
- Network monitoring and operations processes and technologies knowledge.
- Collaborative approach to teamwork, able to constructively challenge.
- "Hands-on" networking experience in a global production environment is desirable.
- Willingness to stay on top of the latest information technology security trends.
- Understanding of security governance and compliance frameworks.
- Incident categories, incident responses, and timelines for responses.
- Knowledge of security frameworks and methodologies (for example, NIST, SANS, Mitre Att&ck, Cyber Kill Chain).
- STEM studies are highly desirable but might be traded-off for relevant experience.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Cybersecurity Operations of mid-size to large high-tech and healthcare organizations as well as working in geographically distributed teams is highly valuable.
- Relevant Industry Certifications such as SANS/GIAC (e.g. GCIA, GCIH, GNFA, GCFA), CompTIA Security+, CISSP, CISA, CISM as well as vendor-related certifications are desirable.
- Expected time travelling abroad: 10-25%.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Curious about our culture?
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas and celebrate success.
La diversidad en Siemens Healthineers es nuestra fuente de creatividad e innovación. Estamos plenamente comprometidos con el principio de igualdad de trato y de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento -independientemente de su raza, religión, género, orientación sexual, edad, discapacidad o cualquier otra característica indicada en la legislación vigente- nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la sociedad.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: SIEMENS HEALTHCARE, S.L.U.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time