Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve peoples’ lives. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this first line supervisory position manages between ten to sixteen (10-16) engineers that reside in multiple states in the SW region of the US. Travel will be required to manage the direct reports development and to maintain engagement with the different Authorities Having Jurisdiction and local branch managers. The Engineering Supervisor will participate in the definition of semi-complex and complex Fire Alarm Design projects, selecting appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost effective solutions. The selected candidate will perform semi-complex processes and technical support to design, sales, and/or other departments. Prepares technical standards, and participates in completing semi-complex technology and fire alarm code design theory and procedures.
- Supervises the activities and performance of all design engineering for installed work. Provides technical support, expertise, leadership and accountability for installed projects in assigned geographic area or location. Plans, organizes, directs and controls engineering activities for assigned projects. Supervises employees to ensure schedules are maintained and projects proceed according to plans, job specifications and cost estimates. Supervises engineering activities including submittal preparation, material ordering, shipping, labor plans, job site walks, job folder updates and re-estimates.
- Provides direct employee mentorship, and is responsible for employee development within their group. Promotes, provides training for, and ensure implementation of engineering related division productivity tools.
- Actively coordinates engineering activity schedules with the Project Managers and Operations Managers to ensure correct staffing and correct abilities are provided to meet individual project schedules and commitments.
- Participates in or facilitates representation for the Project Manager to Field Work Force Project Turnovers.
- Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned work. Provides monthly project estimates and assists in monthly forecasting. Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing project financial statements with Project Managers and Operations Managers.
- Maintains and improves planned and executed margins for Solutions projects.
- Reviews customer feedback and ensures high customer satisfaction.
- Plan discrepancies or changes can be coordinated to minimize cost and delay throughout the estimating, bidding and operations phases of each project.
- Builds and maintains an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth. Manages or advises on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Provides the tools, training and environment required to achieve employee success.
- Required Education: Requires high school diploma or equivalent
- Required Experience: 5+ years experience in Engineering or Project Management of Fire Alarm Systems
- Required Travel: Up to 25%
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3+ yrs. supervisory experience
- NICET III or IV fire alarm certification
This job may be based in Littleton, Colorado. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Littleton, Colorado is $83,436 - $112,608 and the annual incentive target is 5% of base salary.
fire alarms, Fire Alarm Technician, fire alarm system, Fire alarm control panel, Building safety interfaces, safety devices, nicet, nfpa, axis ax, wheelock, exceder, 4100es, truealert, safelinc, next-in protection, firelite, fire light, fire-light, silent knight, simplex, siemens, notifier, edwards, est, gamewell, mircom, fike, vigilant, siemens xls, siemens mxl
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.