Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
The Healthcare vertical market is a key growth market for Smart Infrastructure. The role of the Healthcare Business Head is to serve as business leader for all business segments, disciplines for the Electrical Products and the Solutions/Service business. The incumbent is responsible for developing and implementing the Healthcare solutions/service strategy and commercialization plan that supports our SI portfolio including building automation, fire alarm, security, electrical products, sustainability, and Digitalization. The Healthcare Business Head is responsible for the meeting or exceeding the business plans as agreed and committed by the Business Units- Electrical Products, Distribution Systems, Digital Grid, Building Products and the Regional Solutions and Services (RSS) zone business leaders. This individual should be capable of actively participating in and influencing cross functional teams governing the Smart Infrastructure (SI) portfolio and go to market strategy for the Smart Hospital. The Healthcare Business Head must be capable of leading cross functional teams to execute successful business plans and achieve targets. Relationship development with key Healthcare organizations at Executive level and regional sales, and marketing organizations is needed to clearly understand customer needs and translate those needs into actionable requirements, lead a center of competence to support all sales channels. Active engagement, support of, and strategizing with regional/Business Unit leadership is critical to the success of this role.
The Healthcare Business Head reports to the Head of Vertical Markets Americas. The Healthcare Head leads a team consisting of vertical market manager, business development manager, portfolio manager, and national operations manager. The individual is the primary interface to Business Units, regions, zones, key opinion leaders, Healthcare organizations and interacts with all members of the Business Unit functions, Business Management, Product /Solutions Portfolio Management, Marketing, and the Marketing Communication to achieve the objectives of the business. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required for successful interaction with members of all Business Unit functions to achieve objectives. This role actively pulses the Healthcare Market to understand the competitive environment, anticipates market trends and demands, and can develop and presenting business proposals for product / portfolio strategic initiatives.
Scope of the Position:
- Develop, recommend, and collaborate with senior management to determine overall Healthcare vision, strategy, policy, and direction.
- Lead a team of direct reports to develop and implement the Healthcare strategic business plan.
- Experienced business development manager that is comfortable articulating the Smart Infrastructure Smart Hospital value proposition to Healthcare executives, specifying engineers and general contractors.
- Has detailed knowledge of the healthcare systems, how to converge the IT/OT to drive Digitalization for example, EMR, HL7 and BAS.
- Develop solution/service sets the incorporate SI portfolio that drive differentiation, solve customer problems, improve patient care and satisfaction, improve customer business operations resulting in increased profitability.
- Drives the successful planning and implementation of all required management activities leading to achievement of profit, growth, customer, and employee satisfaction goals for the company.
- Involved in setting strategic direction and communication to establish near and long-term goals and market strategy for the electrical product portfolio and the solution/service business.
- Conceptualizes and directs the overall operation, including the creation, development, and execution of the business plans.
- Directs operational activities on an ongoing daily basis, exercising tight cost control and maximizing price realization in the marketplace to influence profits.
- Manages teams and/or work efforts within own organization.
- Directs and conceptualizes the development of marketing programs, channel, and pricing strategies to ensure profitable growth and expansion of business.
- Lead co-define target markets and create specific customer messaging and value propositions for target customer segments.
- Collaborate with external agencies and internal colleagues to create impactful promotional materials that include market data and country sales and marketing input.
- Directs and conceptualizes the development of new products & solution sets within the business that are innovative, meet standards and profitability.
- Provides solutions to complex business problems for area(s) of responsibility where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Interacts with senior management levels at a client and/or within own organization which involves negotiating or influencing on significant matters.
- Has latitude in decision-making and determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
- Develop and manage key opinion leaders; identify and respond to trends impacting customers and markets.
- Identify and respond to competitors' strategies.
- Provide input and oversight to creation of training materials for sales and marketing to maximize execution of the business plan and ensure achievement of the business objectives.
- BS in related discipline and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) is preferred. Advanced degrees are desirable.
- Demonstrated application of advanced “expert” knowledge of the Healthcare industry including Joint Commission, compliance, infection control, healthcare reimbursement models.
- Demonstrated success in directly managing and leading Healthcare business segment or Regional Field Organization
- Minimum 10 -15 years of successful in a directly related field and successful demonstration of scope of the position described above.
- Previous sales success in this or similar business environment.
- Conceptual creativity.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong leadership capability.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Capability to drive results in a complex and difficult customer environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel 30%- 50% of the time, both domestic and international
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
This job may be based in Colorado. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Colorado is $159,630 - $237,558 and the annual incentive target is 25% of base salary.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.