Power grids - the ultimate engineering achievement of modern times. Behind the scenes is a massive flood of digital data, which enables utilities to plan, operate, and maintain their grids with a digitalized model of the physical world. With trends like decentralization and renewables, this data is increasingly complex to manage and exchange.
Our mission is to bring the physical power grid in a digital twin world.Change the world of tomorrow with us
- You define and develop the software architecture and the design of the Distribution Network Applications as part of our Grid Control SW.
- You are responsible for proposing, taking, and documenting Architectural Decisions based on functional and non-functional requirement according to the established architectural and design guidelines.
- You are responsible for the translation of software architecture into design and code for the developer
- You consider technical boundary conditions (e.g. non-functional requirements) as well as economic aspects. Support make-or-buy decision and identify off-the-shelf components that can be used.
- You collaborate with multi-functional teams including Architects, Product Owners, Project Coordinators, Developers and Testers
- You follow technical developments and technological trends regarding software development.
What you should be able to do. So that the world can do more
- Have a successfully completed university degree in computer science or a comparable qualification.
- Professional experience over several years in the field of software architecture and design of complex software systems.
- Working experience with Microservice based architecture ideally based on Java SpringBoot and Kubernetes.
- Furthermore, you should have experience with event-driven architecture, SQL and NoSQL-Databases, Data streaming and Message brokers.
- Used to working in modern software development and infrastructure environments such as Git, Gitlab, Docker and Kubernetes, cloud environments.
- Familiar with agile software development processes (e.g. SAFe, SCRUM).
- Good interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills in English required. Candidate must be capable of presenting complex technical topics in a clear and structured way, ability to moderate discussions, meetings, and projects.
- Fluent English rounds off your profile.
Make your mark in our exciting world as Siemens!
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.About us
We’re Siemens, a collection of outstanding minds who are all making the future. You could be one of us! Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that owns innovative solutions in the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. Software and R&D play a crucial role at Siemens. In Brasov, Cluj-Napoca and Bucharest we have a competence center for research, software development, IT and engineering, which makes the company a major leader in vertical IT technologies.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens S.R.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time