You will be a member of the team responsible for the QC/QA of forthcoming 3D Simulation products based on Simcenter platform.
The products encompass several attributes including Acoustics and Vibration, Structural Analysis, Multi-body Simulation and more.
The primary tasks are:
· Manual testing of new functionality
· Collect information from developers and project owners to understand the use case.
· Plan testing effort, document coverage
· Document results
· Report bugs
Manual regression testing:
· Participate in scheduled regression testing events:
· Installation testing on Windows and Linux
· Manual workflow testing and logfile review
· Create bug reports with clear instructions and all the needed
input data for the developer to
investigate the issue.
· Follow up on resolved bugs, ensure that the fixes are implemented correctly.
· Support troubleshooting
Automated regression testing:
· Use python scripting language to generate automatic regression tests.
· Review results from nightly runs, maintain existing test
Qualifications & Experience:
· Bachelor or Master Engineering Degree or equivalent by experience (mechanical, aerospace, electrical, computer);
· Hands-on industrial experience with CAE software tools, especially with a commercial Pre-and Post-Processor Environment for one of the main FEA solvers (Nastran, Ansys, Abaqus etc.).
· Experience with software testing;
Specific technical competencies:
· Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system;
· Basic knowledge in using a software development environment;
· Basic programming and scripting skills for test automation; knowledge of PYTHON is an advantage;
· Strong ability to understand simulation models of complex mechanical systems.
Specific personal competencies:
· Attention to detail, accurate and methodical.
· Result oriented team player that can work independently.
· Works with minimal supervision on complex projects with latitude for independent judgment.
· Ability to work in a virtual and international team.
· Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
· Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly and effectively.
This role is in Romania.
Siemens Software offers a flexible home and office working blend.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. We offer outstanding benefits and wide range of valuable rewards.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software S.r.l.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time