Role: Software Developer
The world never stands still. And new challenges arise every day. With a passion for questioning things, for supplying ideas, and intelligently driving things forward we are helping society move towards a more intelligent future. Be it with technologies that reduce energy consumption across Smart Grid infrastructure or predicts the life of critical assets and protect them power system faults. This is how we are able, to tackle the most important projects and push them forward together. Help us shape the future.
With our innovative and integrated technology, we support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of power infrastructure.
Can you help us drive our vision for the future? We’re looking for a dedicated executive with the skills and passion to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Grid and Infrastructure team as Software Developer and take the lead in technology projects that will transform entire Smart Grid Infrastructure.
We have lots of ideas about how to successfully drive digitization in companies. For example, with open cloud platforms, highly developed security systems, and clever tools for developers. Move the world from behind the scenes with your IT expertise and passion for game-changing information technology. Rethink IT and steer projects in completely new directions. Welcome to our world! Join us now.
Change the future with us!
- We are seeking a developer responsible for designing and developing customer specific IoT/Cloud/Web solutions and applications. Your primary responsibilities will be to implement realistic environments by translating design ideas, concepts, and requirements. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and a quality product are essential.
- Design and develop customer specific IoT/Cloud/Web solutions and applications
- Work with partners and customers to create the highest quality and cost-effective solutions.
- Use IoT and Fieldbus protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, MQTT, AMQP, OPC UA, ProfNet, BACnet, etc.) to connect industrial devices to cloud systems
- Drive the software production process; own given features beginning to end, from mockups & design documents/reviews to acceptance testing and deployment.
- Test and validate the proof of concepts together with engineering teams and customers for the best optimal solutions and configurations
- Be a part of Software development activities including - Coding, unit testing and integration, participating in review process and taking part in the complete product life cycle
- Produce high quality and innovative deliverables for our customers
- Confirm to Siemens processes, quality standards and guidelines
Use your skills to move the world forward!
- We need a graduate B. Tech, BSc., MSc., BTech or PhD in Computer Science or in related areas with minimum 3 years of experience in developing web-services and applications for diverse industries and very good command of English
- Proven skills and experience in one or more following latest cloud-based application development technologies - Java, Spring Boot, Spring Data JPA, Python, ASP.NET Core, PostgreSQL, Mongo DB, Maria DB, Docker, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, MindShare, Azure IoT, AWS IoT, IBM Watson
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing software applications for web/cloud and IoT platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, or IBM Bluemix etc.)
- Experience in integrating back-end web services using REST APIs, automation technology, sensor technology, embedded software and Telemetry solutions is a plus.
- Proven skills in web and mobile application development for IoT-based platforms is a plus
- Experience with back-end Technologies like RESTful interfaces, tiered application development, SQL, NoSQL is a must.
- Knowledge in TDD and Mocking Framework is a plus
- Passionate for developing simple, clean, and attractive code
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time