Siemens Industry – Digital Factory: The Factory Automation business unit has a Regional Application Engineer position available in the Atlanta metro area. Regional Application Engineers are assigned to a specific geographic area based on current sales revenue and potential sales revenue growth.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team providing the best end to end industrial automation solutions in the market. Siemens is leading the charge in providing innovative solutions to bolster the manufacturing renaissance in the US.
• Acts as the technical lead for regional opportunities and actively participates in account planning sessions with the local OEM and Channel sales teams.
• Applies acquired process, product and/or equipment knowledge based on current industry trends, best practices, performance, price, and functionality.
• Provides technical product advice for the development and implementation of customer solutions.
• Prepares and presents detailed technical proposals, including product demonstrations and solution prototypes.
• Performs complex hardware and/or software design consultation in accordance with customer/project needs.
• Works closely with assigned OEM Account Managers to assist local Factory Automation (FA) achieve sales and market growth.
• Resolves very complex technical problems to meet customers' needs. Acts as one escalation point for major customer technical issues when on-site issue resolution is required.
• Supports marketing and knowledge transfer through participation on at least one product/technology core team.
• Provides periodic knowledge transfer events with channel partners in coordination with the Channel Account Manager.
• Supports our channel at a regional level on opportunities in collaboration with the channel application engineer and sales team.
• Generates technical collateral such as application notes and examples for reuse by others.
• Implements a yearly learning and development plan focusing on technical skills and engineering soft skills.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
A Regional Application Engineer is experienced in automation architectures involving multiple products and technologies and has comprehensive knowledge in architecting complex solutions. Comprehensive knowledge in multiple automation areas and extensive knowledge in at least one area is required. The regional application engineer actively participates on a product/technology “core” team focusing on at least one specific product area such as Safety, SCADA, Networking, or Motion Control.
• Technical Skills Required
• Controllers (PLCs)
• Some knowledge of Networking
• HMI Panels
• PC-Based Automation
• Machine Safety
• Some knowledge of Motion Control and Drives
• Engineering Soft Skills Required
• Solution fitting
• Proof of concept
• Tech selling
• Bachelor of Science in electrical/computer/mechanical engineering or computer science
• Typically 5-10 years of experience in automation/motion control systems and demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as described above.
• Travel 25%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Prior Siemens automation experience is a plus
• Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning and seizes more opportunity than others. Can rally the organization behind the right opportunities and initiatives.
• Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive and need to finish. Seldom gives up before finishing, in face of resistance and setbacks.
• Organizational Agility: Knows how to get things done through formal and informal networks. Understands the culture of the organization. Works effectively in a matrix structure to exploit opportunities.
• Customer Focus: Intense customers focus and uses customer information for improvement in products and service.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.