The function includes the responsibility for products in the area of pressure transmitters within the scope of product management. Topics such as market observation, the definition of new products and functionalities, their introduction to the market, support in their distribution as well as marketing support until product discontinuation are general tasks of the position. Special focus is on products for the domestic China market and on world products which are developed by the Dalian R&D team.
What are my responsibilities?
- Responsibility for products in the field of pressure measurement technology
- Interface function between suppliers, customers, distributors, external partners, production and development
- Analysis of market, competition, customers, technologies and trends as well as derivation and evaluation of measures and product ideas, with special focus on the Chinese market
- Creation of business cases to assess the economic success of product and project ideas in cooperation with the product controller
- Prioritization of requirements and creation of requirement specifications for development
- Negotiation with suppliers on product features for OEM products
- Active monitoring and cooperation with the assigned development projects. Preparation and execution of product launches in coordination with the sales department
- Monitoring of the product range and product-specific business figures and, if necessary, deviation management (CCB) to achieve business targets (unit numbers, profitability)
- Lifecycle management from introduction to product succession planning
- Development of marketing strategies and content creation of marketing materials
- Support of product training
- Active support of marketing activities (including booth duty at trade fairs, customer presentations, publication of technical articles)
- Customer visits for sales support and deepening of application know-how
- Controlling and analysis of revenue and gross margin development in cooperation with the product controller.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor degree or above in automation related majors
- At least 8 years of experience in sales or product management or comparable experience,
- Industry knowledge in the process industry, especially in chemistry, power and water/wastewater
- Knowledge of technical applications and requirements in process instrumentation/industries
- Communication skills and goal-oriented work style
- Ability to make decisions and be assertive
- Ability to operate in a complex and international matrix structure
- Experienced and enjoying working strategically to develop and implement successful product strategies to tap into and cover emerging trends and industries
- Strategic thinking, planning and organizational skills
- Confident appearance in Chinese and English
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Sensors & Communication Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time