At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens Advanta Consulting (ADV C) is the global management consultancy for one of the world’s most innovative engineering and technology companies. Siemens Advanta Consulting navigates companies through their unique digitalization journey – from strategy to operations. We drive the digital transformation forward and provide Siemens and numerous other clients in the technology sector with consulting services, ranging from strategy through to implementation. We support our customers globally in mastering the entrepreneurial and societal challenges of the 21st century. Our expertise ranges from M&A projects to digital transformations and over to strategy planning. Our mission is to transform our clients’ future and to develop the talent of today into the business leaders and experts of tomorrow.
Siemens Advanta Consulting is looking to hire a new leader for its US business to accelerate the growth both organically and inorganically. This is a dynamic and strategic shift for the firm that will require a true growth-oriented change agent and leader.
One of the core mandates of this role will be to continue growing and strengthening the team as well as the business. The individual will spend time and effort in building the Advanta Consulting brand and further push the consulting agenda and pivot the organization to an external revenue model. This individual will act as a catalyst for the company to help build a new IoT consulting business/brand, centred around digital transformation, that complements the existing Consulting and Siemens operations.
The location in the US is flexible with priorities in major US metropolitan areas (Atlanta, Houston & Orlando) and reports to the Siemens Advanta CEO for the USA
As a Vice President, you’ll be accountable for developing ADV C’s external consulting business. You’ll work on one of Siemens’ top strategic priorities by advising (prospective) Siemens customers how to best address their most critical digitalization challenges as their trusted advisor. You will thereby act as thought leader, front-line salesperson as well as delivery responsible for strategy consulting projects centered around the digital transformation of our clients. Where needed, you will apply a holistic transformation approach by leveraging resources and capabilities beyond pure strategy consulting such as prototyping and solution design as well as implementation. Exposure to rapidly growing industries and new technologies in electrification, automation and especially digitalization offer you a highly dynamic environment and (personal) growth potential.
- Drive growth of external (digital-related) strategy consulting business for ADV C
- Drive External customer engagement as a primary source of business focused on key vertical areas centered around Discrete Manufacturing Industries, while also keeping the business with other Siemens companies in a growth mode.
- Scope, win and ensure successful execution of (digital-related) consulting projects
- Engage Customers on key topics around Digital transformation and ensure that Siemens Advanta end to end capabilities are positioned
- Establish strong long-term relationships with internal and external clients
- Showcase thought leadership in external communication (i.e. tradeshows, whitepapers) and portfolio advancement
- Develop roadmaps to provide forward looking recommendations to increase the attractiveness of our offerings to our customers
- Advocate the voice of the customer in the service portfolio innovation process
- Successfully manage internal and external stakeholders including working closely with Advanta USA leadership team as well as the global ADV C organization
- Lead overall consulting team and guide project managers and teams to success
- Foster individual development of ADV C colleagues
- Maintain awareness of competitor plans, trends and technologies
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
The ideal candidate will bring 7-10 years of management consulting experience preferably in the Discrete Manufacturing industries.
Experience must include selling and delivery of Digital Transformation projects. This individual will convince with gravitas, have an inclusive leadership style, thought leadership, and impact/implementation orientation.
This individual will demonstrate the vision, business acumen and credibility required to consult client executives on a peer-to-peer level.
Business development is a critical element of this role. The successful candidate will have demonstrated success in developing business development strategies, developing, and maintaining a network of senior level client relationships and closing new business.
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we highlight the following:
- Industry knowledge. We are seeking candidates with expertise in the Discrete Manufacturing arena
- Consulting expertise: The successful candidate will possess a proven track record in management consulting, including demonstrating insights, expertise and thought leadership. It is expected that this individual will come from - or is an alumnus from - a tier-one strategy consulting firm with respective analytical skills and conceptual thinking. S/he will also be a “business builder” with experience building practices within consulting firms or commercial businesses.
- International experience: The individual will have gained broad experience in serving international clients and leading complex international projects. We seek experience of having led diverse consulting teams across multiple locations with a priority on US and North American territories.
- Leading teams: A proven track record of hiring, developing, staffing, and leading high performing, content rich and diverse teams will be critical.
- Setting strategy: The successful candidate will have a clear and compelling perspective of where s/he would like to take the Advanta Consulting business within Discrete Manufacturing space . S/he will also have the ability to assess the competitive landscape and influence strategies for inorganic growth.
- Building relationships and using influence: S/he will need to have executive gravitas, energy and impact so that s/he will build and grow the brand internally and externally. We seek an inclusive, team-oriented, and collaborative leadership style. The successful candidate will need the finesse and sophistication of working within a complex, matrixed environment
- Customer relationships. The candidate should bring an existing, senior-level client base that potentially can be leveraged.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Outstanding university degree (Master’s / PhD) or a top business school MBA
- Vast experience as principal / (associate) partner at a top-tier external strategy consulting firm with outstanding performance
- Broad and strong client network in the Discrete Manufacturing space with an emphasis in the Automotive arena and a proven sales track record
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a profound know-how in Discrete Manufacturing (Automotive)
- First-hand experience in digitalization / projects
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and broad experience in personal development and coaching of teams
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.