Innovation Engineer - Simulation & Control
Based within Congleton R&D Department
Siemens General Motion Control business (GMC) has a clear target to be undisputed number one in our market and we are well on the way to achieving this. Crucial to ensuring continued success is providing our customers with a comprehensive product portfolio that meets their needs. Our R&D departments around the world are focused in helping to achieve this through, our innovation, fast time to market and most importantly our people and culture.
At Siemens GMC Congleton, we design, and manufacture AC electronics motor controllers known as drives, with a power range from a few hundred Watts up to 10s of Kilowatts and voltage ranges of 200-690V. These products not only help our customers better control and digitalise their machines, they can also help improve their carbon footprint.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to recruit an Innovation Engineer within our Congleton R&D department. The successful person will work as part of an international pre-development team with the responsibility to research and innovate in power electronic control, simulation and digitalisation which can ultimately be integrated into our future products
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a person who is passionate about innovation and control of power electronics and simulation; natural curiosity to seek out new ways of doing things; can think creatively and not afraid to try new ideas even if they may be unsuccessful and continuously open to learning and growing as a person.
As a minimum you should hold an electrical and electronics degree or equivalent and be able to demonstrate your passion for simulation and control of power electronics drive systems. Being able to show your capability to learn, diversity of thinking and an excellent work ethic, including working in international teams are all extremely important to be successful in this role
Key skills could include:
• Design of innovative motor control solutions which can bring benefits for example in technical performance and overall system design
• Design and simulate electronics circuits in a virtual world then validate them through building prototypes in a fast and agile way
• Introduce novel control topologies for power electronics inverter design
• Digital modelling of Power Electronics devices and modules
• Conceptualise and develop data driven IIOT solutions for motor control drives using digital technologies such as artificial Intelligence/machine learning, augmented reality, virtual reality, and others
• Networking with universities; UK technical institutes to leverage knowledge and experience
• Track record of innovation, diverse thinking and creative problem solving
• Early adoption of new technologies and methodologies to deliver solutions in a timely manner.
• Product verification testing and applying international standards
• Knowledge and experience of designing for EMC/ESD
• Being curious and want to continuously learn, gain new experiences, and apply knowledge
• Quality focused with an excellent attention to detail. Capable of working to aggressive timescales, you will be flexible and adaptable
• Excellent collaborator and team working, with the ability to work with multi-site international teams
• Show initiative, organise your work, take ownership of your tasks
• Capability to challenge the status quo and sell your ideas to others
• Not being afraid to fail, will learn from the experience and try again
• Due to the international team set up there will be a require for occasional travel for workshops
• Knowledge of German would be a bonus but is not essential.
This role could suit a recent Masters graduate or PhD or someone with several year’s experience, that is looking for a new challenge.
If you think you have the capabilities to succeed and believe you can make a real difference to our business and customers, please apply.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time