We are hiring for Siemens Smart Infrastructure, and we are searching for an experienced Client Service Manager (CSM) to support our Service Fire business and be our single-source contact between our customers and Siemens internal operations. The CSM builds customer loyalty to the Siemens brand by leading all service agreement work for our customers. This role will spit their time in the office and at client sites around Chicagoland.
Siemens wants you to join our family! We are looking for individuals who like a work life blend, who value being part of the team, who are looking to make an impact on society and will value working for an organization that is lead by hardworking women and men.
Manage internal resources to exceed customer expectations while ensuring all contractual scope work is completed on time and within estimates and budgets.
- Complete multi-year maintenance (work) planning and scheduling utilizing customer interface, contractual documents, equipment operational manuals, personal site or equipment experience, known Siemens capabilities, and Siemens-provided software tools.
- Interface and connect with our partners and clients for Customer Loyalty and Quality Assurance activities. Communicate progress/status internally; build and execute improvement plans based on customer feedback.
- Perform or manage customer knowledge/training activities to improve product, equipment, or site understanding.
- Manage financial aspects of our service contract agreements ensuring continued profitability and cost containment for Siemens while ensuring that our customers perceive the value of the services we provide.
- Manage the contract renewal process end-to-end for stationary or stable year-over-year customers; also will assist the Customer Sales Executive in the same renewal processes.
- Provide cost viability approvals for estimated new or renewed service agreements. Manage billing and collection activities for the service agreements managed, as well as assist in the collection of other service activities such as Time & Material or Project work.
- Collaborate with our customers to consistently match known Siemens product and service capabilities with their business and facility needs
- Estimate, present, and attain customer approvals for fire & sprinkler equipment repairs (Time & Material work). Estimate, propose, present, and attain customer approval for Moves, Adds, Changes, or Upgrades of fire & sprinkler systems. (Project Work). Estimate, propose, present, and attain customer approval for Service Contract renewals of smaller fire systems. (Service Agreements)
- Support local AHJ compliance requirements (The Compliance Engine/Brycer/Joint Commission).
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam
- Proven experience: Three years of building technologies contract management, project management, or construction management experience—or fire services experience with demonstrable aptitude to be a successful client service manager.
- Required travel: 5%
- Other requirements:
- Proficient in the use of a Business Software application such as Oracle, SAP or other (managing financial and / or equipment maintenance applications)
- Proficient in the use of standard business applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel), custom estimating platforms, customer loyalty applications or other service related tools.
- Proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in English
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and be must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the Siemens vehicle plan.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Preferred NICET Certification
- Preferred Building Fire & Sprinkler Controls Contract management experience.
- Preferred experience: Project management experience and the ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Strong fire background, ability to diagnose and recommend improvements for a customer’s fire system.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- We also offer :Competitive compensation. Flexible vacation and paid sick time off. Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose. All employees receive Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage. 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary and company profit sharing; Education and tuition reimbursement programs available. Extensive product training and professional career development.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.