Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization – from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO – to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we’re reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It’s no surprise that we’re a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we’re proud of what we’ve accomplished…and…we’re humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
We are investing in our momentum by growing our Support team in Chengdu with young professionals that are willing and able to learn on the job. The team is filled with customer focused individuals. We challenge one another every day and hold ourselves accountable for our work, as well as our customer's overall success. We enjoy the interactions with customers, problem-solving, digging into complex issues, and actively championing for customers within Mendix. We wake up every morning asking ourselves how we can improve the customer's experience, the quality of our product and the quality of our support services. We are at our best when problems seem the hardest, pushing to identify root causes and solutions. We are a combination of passion and persistence. Our team is open, filled with varied backgrounds and talents, respectful, focused and all about providing exceptional services to our customers. If you recently graduated or if you are in the last year of your study and are looking for a job to kick start your career in the Mendix Community, then Mendix is for you.
What is in there for you:
- Great work-life balance: 8 hours a day , 40 hours per week, 5 days a week, weekends are free;
- Flexible working from home;
- An amazing international team and a big challenge!
Help us Drive Digital Innovation:
- You will be part of the Mendix Global Customer Support Team (1st and 2nd line)¸ which solves around 70% of all submitted requests without involving 3rd line R&D teams.
- You will be trained to become a certified Mendix developer and get trained in our state of the art Mendix Cloud architecture, deployment, and integration possibilities.
- You will engage with our global customers in Europe, Americas, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, Japan and China like Heineken, New Balance, MIT, ABN AMRO, TNT Express, ING and our international partners to solve any challenges they might face and assist in a myriad of issues, changes and questions.
- You will work with R&D to improve the customer experience of our platform.
- You will join a smart, young, and dynamic team where innovation thrives, and career opportunities are abundant.
- Take ownership of submitted platform and product issues. Work with active customers to resolve platform and application development / deployment issues.
- Investigate mid to high-complexity reported issues, reproduce, troubleshoot and determine the most efficient way to identify the root cause within our platform infrastructure and software.
- Clearly communicate issues and enhancements to product management, R&D, customer success, sales and manage cross-functional coordination with these teams. We advocate quick solutions and root cause analysis to improve the customer experience.
- Work with limited supervision on complex and/or escalated issues that require the ability to make independent decisions and discretion. Coordinate within a large organization to navigate product and project leads to determine how your problem should be communicated.
- Effectively manage time and prioritize daily tasks based on the severity of the problem and the level of business impact on the customer, maintaining focus on service level agreements and following through on escalated items with the associated customer and product teams.
- Work with your product team to enable new features before deploying to existing customers. The focus is on how to support the new features.
- Proactively monitor, assist and unblock more junior support engineers through technical coaching and knowledge sharing sessions.
Required Experience and skills:
- Love to engage with customers to solve any challenges they might face.
- 5 years or more of experience as technical support or technical consultant for customers.
- A B.S in information systems, engineering, computer science, or equivalent.
- You possess exceptional communication skills, both written and verbally in Chinese (Mandarin) and English.
- You have high sense of ownership and urgency
- You are well-organized, flexible and can keep an overview of all your tasks. You are able to manage and prioritize daily tasks based on business impact, maintaining focus on service level agreements and following through on escalated items with the associated Customer and Product teams.
- A curious and inquisitive mind, willingness to learn, and ability to fail fast to keep progress moving forward. Self directed and able to use online training and documentation to learn about existing software features and develop new guidelines for others on the team.
- Passion for technology and have strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability related to the cloud industry, such as IoT data collection, data storage, analytics, and application development (AWS or Azure cloud platform recommended).
- A developed approach to troubleshooting customer and technical issues – not only following pre-defined checklists but helping drive the process for technical issues never before encountered.
- Extensive work experience in programming languages, application development, integration methodologies, communications and IT networking, relational databases, and/or public Cloud technologies (eg. AWS, Azure).
- Demonstrated leadership skills with team members both inside and outside the organization to collaborate and work together to achieve team and product success.
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company’s existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time