Position Title: Sr. Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Corindus, Inc., a Siemens Healthineers Company is a global technology leader in robotic-assisted vascular interventions. The company's CorPath® system is the first FDA-cleared medical device to bring robotic-assisted precision to percutaneous coronary and peripheral interventions. Corindus is advancing the field of interventional medicine with robotics through improvements to procedural control, precision and workflow.
This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Regulatory Affairs, and is responsible for the creation, preparation and coordination of regulatory submissions and approvals in the domestic and international markets. The Sr. Regulatory Affairs Specialists works with the regulatory and clinical teams to develop and implement regulatory and clinical strategy to get precision robotic systems through various regulatory agencies. As part of a multi-disciplinary group, this position also contributes to the design, development and product launch of Corindus’ innovative robotic systems that bring improved care to patients and physicians.
- Work with the Sr Manager of Regulatory Affairs to determine effective regulatory strategies across a variety of projects and issues
- Work independently prepare document packages for regulatory submissions including 510(k)s, Design Dossiers, Technical Files, Device License Applications, Investigational Device Exemptions, and Pre-market Approval Applications
- Advise company stakeholders on regulatory strategy as part of the product development process
- Track and coordinate regulatory submission activities to ensure timeliness and commitments are met
- Coordinate responses to regulatory agencies and notified bodies as part of the submission and approval process
- Review and approve Engineering Change Orders in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Participate in new product development teams and communicate regulatory requirements for product development; facilitate internal compliance with those requirements
- Review and approve test protocols to support regulatory submissions
- Review device labeling and advertising material for compliance with submissions
- Assist in regulatory compliance activities, including but not limited to Notified Body Audits, FDA Inspections, and other regulatory agency inspections and audits
- Maintain regulatory files
- Perform internal audits of the Quality System
- Analyze product complaints and make recommendations regarding their reportability
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or Science required. Advanced degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in regulatory affairs in the medical device, biotech or pharmaceutical environment
- Regulatory compliance experience in the medical device area preferred
- Knowledge of applicable US and EU medical device regulations required. Knowledge of other markets is preferred
- Regulatory submission experience in US and EU, including but not limited to 510(k), PMA, DeNovo, Technical Files, STED
- Working knowledge of GMPs and GCPs required
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills including proficient knowledge of regulatory terminology; additional knowledge of medical terminology desired
- Proficiency in MS Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; web-based applications; Adobe Acrobat
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Corindus, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.