The Field Service Technician will participate in the PV technology evaluation post sale process. They will support the sales team as one of the key technical advisors and subject matter experts (SME). Strong customer focus required to help drive warranty claim investigations, technology performance issues, and customer support. Responsible for handling issues with PV inverters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide service, maintenance and warranty remediation for installed PV inverters
- Provide technical and after-sales support to customers, including assistance during installation,
- commissioning and start-up, firmware upgrades, set-up of monitoring solutions (own and third party’s)
- as well as equipment and parts replacement.
- Provide training and guidance on all service related procedures
- Ensure fulfillment of all necessary documentation and material/parts request process for material
- Follow-up customer’s quality complaints, product failures, root-cause analysis ensuring on-site data
- collection and prompt feed-back to the PPST team.
- Provide the customer regular updates on the problem solving progress of their requests/complaints for increased customer satisfaction.
- Be the subject matter expert and execution lead for field service best-practices, for highest customer satisfaction.
- Perform commissioning and start-up as well as field service (on site trouble shooting and repairs) for central inverters at key projects and on assigned or emergency customer requests at various locations.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance for Equipment when and where applicable.
- Assist in managing spare inverter and parts inventories and support Logistics/Operations material
- Assist in developing and delivering quality reports to senior leadership, and in compliance with
- contractual obligations
- Assist with development of and compliance with Field Service and safety processes/procedures
- Serves as phone support for technical issues (Help Desk services)
- Documents all issues while on-site
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess excellent teamwork skills
- Must be customer satisfaction oriented with a professional demeanor
- Experience with warranty claims management
- Extensive knowledge of power systems, power electronics and controls
- Ability to work in extreme environments, e.g. hot sun, below freezing, crawl spaces, etc.
- Inventory control
- Solid understanding of ISO 9001 requirements as relates to field service
- Strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting abilities
- Active Listening
- Oral and written communication skills
- Very good conflict negotiation skills
- Organization, planning, time and project management
- Social perceptiveness
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required. German, Spanish
- and/or Korean language skills are a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field preferred
- 3 years related work experience required
- Extensive experience in positions of autonomy within the energy or similar industry required
- Experience and hands-on knowledge of best practices in the solar PV inverter arena strongly preferred
- Valid US driver’s license and an acceptable driving record is required.
- Journeyman Electrician license strongly preferred
- This position may require periodic domestic and international travel.
The work environment is constrained to a field service environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to sit, use the hands to manipulate objects, talk, hear, type, look, and see. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, twist and turn. The employee is occasionally required to carry, push, pull, and reach above the shoulder, stoop, bend, and squat. The employee must routinely lift up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to electrical hazards, and exposure to weather of extreme temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.