At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Job Title: Corporate Application Engineer (physical verification) - 251435
Job Location: US - California - San Diego
- Working closely with Calibre customers to resolve their usage and flow issues and manage their requests for flow development and support
- Solving challenging layout and circuit verification issues in the most advanced nodes.
- Supporting tape-out activities and debugging complex flow and tools issues.
- Design, implement & deploy CAD solutions on top of Calibre flows to help customers in their flow development.
- Closely partner with product R&D teams to influence product features and roadmaps
- Interfacing with the sales teams to align on the accounts strategy and provide leads to deploy Calibre flows and solutions
- Collaborate with Product teams to report issues and understand new features and help deploying these with Siemens EDA customers
- Helping customers and product teams on testing features and replicating issue to help improve tools and flows
- Collaborate with world wide support organization to communicate the current activities and align to the global strategy.
- Participate in creating user related content (packaged test cases, rules, sample flow illustrations)
- Some domestic and international travel may be required (10%) but only after the environment returns to safe/normal travel conditions
- BSc/MSc in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in IC verification in today’s complex nanometer technologies (28nm and below included FinFET technologies)
- Physical Verification, DRC/LVS and sign-off experience.
- Strong understanding of physical layout and related verification issues.
- Ability to collaborate with customers for rule writing and development.
- Strong verbal / written communication skills; excellent active listening skills.
- Background in Design automation
- Knowledge of advanced technologies (7nm - 5 nm) and their verification flow.
- Solid knowledge using Siemens tools: Calibre DRC/LVS, Calibre PERC, Calibre xRC, Calibre xACT-3D or their equivalent.
- Expertise of DFM methodology and related design flows.
- Ability to develop scripts in Tcl/Perl/Python
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.