Location: MCH P / ERL S GS1
Department: T RDA IOT EWT-DE
Job Grade: Germany - Non Senior Management - ERA-Entgeltgruppe 11
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
Passion and creativity for innovation? Hop right in.
Siemens Technology is the central in-house research unit at Siemens and as such occupies an outstanding position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It acts as a strategic partner to support the executive units with R&D services, protect the company’s intellectual property, and coordinates the collaboration with top universities worldwide and supports its standardization activities in all business units and regions. Through its R&D activities in Germany, USA, China, India, Russia, Japan and Eastern Europe, Technology helps secure the company's technological future and strengthen its ambition.
Our research department Internet of Things is looking for semantic experts who work on developing semantic data models in order to standardize and align the meaning of typically heterogeneous IoT data, provide it with context, and make it discoverable, interoperable, and usable for industrial IoT applications. If you are one of them and you would like to work in a highly diverse and successful team of researchers and entrepreneurs, with outstanding team spirit, join us in driving innovation.
We make real what matters. This is your role.
- Develop concepts, architectural solutions and rapid prototypes for Industrial IoT with focus on semantic data modeling, querying and reasoning
- Work closely with business partners and support them to mature their offerings by adapting semantic technologies for diverse vertical domains and use cases
- Responsible to maintain ‘over the horizon’ awareness of technological developments in the areas of semantic data modelling and industrial IoT
- Advance the state-of-the-art in the field, including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences
- Initiate and lead innovation projects in collaboration with business and academic partners and participate in the relevant standardization activities
- Supervise internships, MSc theses and PhD students
Use your skills to move the world forward
- You have a PhD in Computer Science, Electrical/Communications Engineering or a comparable combination of education and experience
- You have deep knowledge of Semantic Web technologies and tools (e.g. OWL, RDF, SHACL, SPARQL, JSON-LD)
- You bring experience with industrial information models (e.g. OPC UA Information Models)
- Expertise in Machine Learning and/or Natural Language Processing (NLP) is a plus
- You show strong willingness and ability to rapidly acquire new skills and domain knowledge, initiative in taking on challenges, and have a strong achievement drive and perseverance
- You are fluent in English and German
www.siemens.com/careers (http://www.siemens.com/careers) - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time