Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 65,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
As a Network Security Expert, you’ll play a key role in Healthineers’ growth and long-term success by ensuring the risks to the organization’s information and assets posed by a variety of cyber threats are minimized. You will be responsible for driving the defense of our network both on-prem and in the cloud. You will identify solutions to architectural network security problems, proactively identify risks, and communicate technical topics to a wide variety of audiences.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The position will bring a mix of the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership as we design and deploy our secure network architectures. Drive implementation, innovation, and continuous improvement for Healthineers’ network security.
- Participate in shaping operational capabilities and defining network security strategy.
- Review existing network security capabilities and define roadmap and strategy for security enhancements.
- Support the development and maintenance of network security posture controls.
- Understand our hybrid networks that span public cloud and physical datacenters and assess attack surface and identify security gaps within our network.
Work closely with peers and colleagues across Network Engineering, Cybersecurity Operations and Security Governance to ensure that implementation and operations is aligned with security standards and best practices.
Be the subject matter expert on current and emerging topics related to network security architecture, design, and implementation.
Build monitoring and alerting solutions targeting network security risks.
Advise on incident containment measures through recommended initial actions in collaboration with the Incident Response team.
Provide advice relating to potential mitigation measures to prevent, or limit future reoccurrence in collaboration with the Incident Response and Blue Teams.
Perform proactive analysis across all networks by staying abreast of current threats and trends.
Develop and document network security reference architectures, design patterns, roadmaps, and other architectural artifacts aligned with policies, standards, and industry best practices.
Knowledge of relevant technological aspects for this position. The ideal candidate should bring a mix of expertise in (a subset of) the following areas:
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Cybersecurity Network Engineer, Architect, or related functional areas.
- Subject matter expertise with NGFWs, WAFs, Web Gateways, DDoS Mitigation, and security architecture. Desirable experience in configuration and administration of security devices from leading vendors.
- Solid understanding of cloud networking technologies and design principles, as well as next generation network security technologies (e.g. software defined network architectures, Edge Computing Architecture, CASB, SASE, ZTNA).
- Interaction with the other technical teams is an essential part of this position and as such a broad array of technical knowledge would be beneficial.
- Experience working in security environments based on SaaS-based products.
- Network monitoring and operations processes and technologies knowledge.
- Collaborative approach to teamwork, able to constructively challenge.
- "Hands-on" networking experience in a global production environment is desirable.
- Willingness to stay on top of the latest information technology security trends.
- Understanding of security governance and compliance frameworks.
- Incident categories, incident responses, and timelines for responses.
- Knowledge of security frameworks and methodologies (for example, NIST, SANS, Mitre Att&ck, Cyber Kill Chain).
- STEM studies are highly desirable but might be traded-off for relevant experience.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Cybersecurity Operations of mid-size to large high-tech and healthcare organizations as well as working in geographically distributed teams is highly valuable.
- Relevant Industry Certifications such as SANS/GIAC (e.g. GCIA, GCIH, GNFA, GCFA), CompTIA Security+, CISSP, CISA, CISM as well as vendor-related certifications are desirable.
- Expected time travelling abroad: 10-25%.
- Able to build long-lasting working relationships across different business areas and IT departments and foster technical collaboration and exchange.
- Able to work on a very tight schedule, while keeping track of tasks progress and deadlines.
- Able to structure complex problems and find practicable solutions to those.
- Team player but also able to work on an individual basis.
- Self-learning and curiosity to keep pace with the ever-evolving cybersecurity developments are highly appreciated.
- Advanced English and Communication skills: clear and concise communication; able to address stakeholders of different backgrounds and technical expertise.
Soft Skills Requirements:
- Strategic Innovative Orientation (+)
- Leadership (+)
- Collaboration & Customer Orientation (++)
- Intercultural Sensitivity (+)
- Team Development (+)
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple assignments simultaneously, while focusing on delivery quality (+)
- Ability to use initiative when needed (self-motivation and proactive attitude) (++)
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English (++)
- Quick learner and aptitude to get into new technologies and architectures (++)
What do we offer:
- Adjustable standing desk as a standard
- MSDN license for each developer with prepaid access to AZURE
- Free access to PLURALSIGHT – the WBT platform
- Team building program - 2 days adventure offsite meeting for all employees every year, Christmas party, extra budget for team building events
- Participation on world famous IT conferences like Microsoft IGNITE for best employees
- Wide project portfolio in healthcare domain and job rotation within company (Cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence, Healthcare IT services, …)
- Training and development program (business and product trainings, e-learning, language courses, soft skills trainings,…)
- Health program (contracted wellness providers, sport centers, salary reimbursement in case of illness)
- Retention program (work anniversary, life anniversary, additional pension plan, employee loans)
- Family care program (subsidy for newborns, maternity leave, kindergardens, summer camps)
Basic wage component (gross) and other rewards : starting from 2000EUR brutto /month + VAR*
*We are required by law to disclose basic wage component (minimum salary) for the advertised positions. We carefully consider your professional qualifications and experience in our compensation package and/or when offering you other positions.
Our goal is to pay our employee's fairly, with regard to the market situation and we are ready to welcome high-quality candidates in our team.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time