Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
As a Graphic Designer for Siemens Smart Infrastructure, you will build multi-faceted custom graphic packages using AutoCAD, Micrografx, and Siemens products, which defines graphical user interface so that customers can control their Smart Buildings. Graphics include visual representations of Campuses, Datacenters, Commercial facilities and the related infrastructure.
Responsibilities you’ll have:
- Develop graphic backgrounds for projects from engineering submittals and added dynamics and point blocks to graphics in Insight/DesigoCC
- Meet with customers, Project Managers and Systems Engineers to understand the objectives and requirements of projects
- Estimate the time required to complete the work
- Work with a variety of graphic design tools including AutoCAD and Micrographics Designer
- Develop the overall layout and design for schematics used in construction of buildings and present finalized graphics to Project Managers
- Manage time spent on graphics and staying within time allocated in budget and maintain skills using graphic programs
- Gain knowledge of secondary graphic programs such as FIN builder and Facility Prime
Qualifications you’ll need:
- High School Diploma or state recognized GED required. Associate’s Degree in Graphics Design preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in Graphic Design in a similar industry preferred such as Mechanical, Electrical, Fire, Construction, or Building Automation, or candidates with an Associate’s Degree will be considered with lesser experience
- AutoCAD experience required; Revit or other Building Information Modeling (BIM) 3-D Construction Modeling experience preferred but not required
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
Benefits you’ll receive:
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.