Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as SCM Digitalization Data Scientist
Reporting lines and location:
The SCM Digitalization Data Scientist will report to the Head of SCM Data Governance & Analytics for the Laboratory Diagnostics Business Area of Siemens Healthineers. The position will preferably be based at our headquarter offices in Tarrytown, New York but consideration will also be given to well qualified internal applicants local to the US East Coast and / or remote.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a SCM
Digitalization Data Scientist, you will be
- Driving and/ or supporting SHS SCM initiatives with a focus on applying data science techniques to address challenges and drive improved operations in manufacturing, demand planning, order-fulfillment and logistics.
- Developing analytic models, configures and deploys algorithms, defines visualization method and selects best solution to visualize results.
- Utilizing advanced analytical methods (Process mining, data modeling, predictive analytics) to identify business process opportunities.
- Collaborating with IT, SCM functions and product business units subject matter experts across the enterprise to develop, streamline / improve existing and emerging systems and processes
- Assisting business function subject matter experts with data science focused analytical thinking for improved planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar
with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with
- Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of project management for data analytics and machine learning applications.Extensive experience with analyzing processes and developing solutions for solving complex business problems.
- Working experience with analytical databases, such as Snowflake as well as data base and query optimization.
- Strong communication, and presentation skills.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
· BS / BA with a concentration in Data Science/ Analytics or related degree required. MS/MA degree, preferably in computer science or (applied) mathematics. Supply Chain experience would be a plus.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience using data science techniques, with deep professional know-how and experience in data analytics.
- Highly proficient with SQL and experience with relational SQL and nonSQL databases.
- Advanced knowledge of IT systems, ERPs (SAP) data architecture and Business Intelligence (BI) tools for data analytics and visualization such as Power BI, Qlik, Tableau, etc.
- Willing to travel up to 10-20%
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.